Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
Melky and his .710 Ops = 7 hole hitter

As for Frazier, if rents, low OBP and high K acquaint ion philosophy repeatedly fails, keep doing it until it work.

Melky's OPS the second half was over .780. Since Fraziers OPS the second half of last season was very important to you, I thought Melky's must be equally as important.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
I will give you 4 to 1 odds on Gordon, which is the low end of your ridiculous made up percentages. Care to make it interesting?

You are all over the place, just last night you were telling us the Royals are in a far greater position financially to sign a guy to a big contract than the White Sox. Now it's a different story.

Should I pull out your post where you are recently tearing the team apart if the White Sox aren't willing to spend due to the high FA price tags and fear of making another colosssal payroll mistake?

Alex Gordon isn't the right player at age 32 unless they can only sign him for three years...that just won't happen in this market.

I still believe the White Sox are less likely to spend $75-100 million than KC because the Royals are looking at offensive downgrades at three separate positions. At the very least, they'll go after someone like Ian Desmond, although he doesn't quite line up with their defensive philosophy.

Actually, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they signed Alexei Ramirez and played him at 2b and LF/RF. They only have a two year window. Something like Parra, Ramirez and Desmond to keep them competitive enough. Veteran players mostly.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)

As for Frazier, if rents, low OBP and high K acquaint ion philosophy repeatedly fails, keep doing it until it work.

League average K% is about 20%, and Frazier for his career is 21%, he's not a high K guy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Should I pull out your post where you are recently tearing the team apart if the White Sox aren't willing to spend due to the high FA price tags and fear of making another colosssal payroll mistake?

Alex Gordon isn't the right player at age 32 unless they can only sign him for three years...that just won't happen in this market.

I still believe the White Sox are less likely to spend $75-100 million than KC because the Royals are looking at offensive downgrades at three separate positions. At the very least, they'll go after someone like Ian Desmond, although he doesn't quite line up with their defensive philosophy.

Actually, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they signed Alexei Ramirez and played him at 2b and LF/RF. They only have a two year window. Something like Parra, Ramirez and Desmond to keep them competitive enough. Veteran players mostly.

Please pull it out. and while commenting, see if you can not mention the Royals

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)

Please do. I wasn't tearing the team apart. I basically said s*** or get off the pot.

And if now Gordon just won't happen, how come 15 minutes ago it was a 25-33 percent chance?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Please pull it out. and while commenting, see if you can not mention the Royals

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:14 PM) *

If you can't add, as much as it pains me, then you must take advantage of said prices and subtract. They had a plan which supposedly included Samardzija. What were they going to pay him with if they have no money? It isn't like they are $20 million short of their projected revenues. If they are, they are crazy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
Please do. I wasn't tearing the team apart. I basically said s*** or get off the pot.

Who exactly are you going to subtract besides Eaton, Q, Sale, Abreu and Rodon that anybody would want?

David Robertson? That's more of a salary dump. We're not getting a Top 50 prospect back for him. Pocket the savings for the 2018-19 free agent class?

Don't tell me you believe there's a hidden Melky Cabrera market out there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)

If you can't add, as much as it pains me, then you must take advantage of said prices and subtract. They had a plan which supposedly included Samardzija. What were they going to pay him with if they have no money? It isn't like they are $20 million short of their projected revenues. If they are, they are crazy.

What is the point? It seems to make sense to me. If you can't add, then you must subtract. I think they will add. I'm just saying if they don't, and don't then subtract, they are IMO making an error.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)

based on yesterday events on this site, i was really trying to stay out of any controversial, topics. however i see a minor little error in, not only yours and many other posters belief of last yr game plan.

granted last yr game was accepted and agreed upon but the sox org and by default the entire FO approval.

but i still think last yr stink of KW and the owners rush to make the playoff. now i know no one will able to prove it.... not ever.

that is why i am saying that this yr game plan is a different one and will need to see it in its completion.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
just yesterday he said that Frazier strikes out the same as Chris Carter

Actually I didn't. I said they both strike out a lot.

The difference, of course, is that you guys want to ravage the farm system and throw the same horrid outfield defense out there.

Frazier's best OBP was .336. Last year it was .309, to accompany his .669 second half OPS. And yet you guys want to trade serious assets for that. How many times do we have to load up with low OBP ballplayers?

Sure Chris Carter is high K low OBP. His 25 homers are also FREE. They won't hurt the club long term. Adding Frazier would maul it.

Who's the last hitter that improved with the Sox. I'll tell - Eaton and Quentin. Common denominator? YOUNG and we traded equal value for YOUNG players. That's actually worked. So what do the Sox do when an approach works? Dump it in the trashcan and go after "proven veterans" again, an approach that has consistently failed.

What exactly would Frazier add?

A good bat? Maybe. Could be a mediocre bat if we follow what has happened in the past with these NL sluggers.

Defense? Nope. We fixed that with Lawrie. Yes, he's average at best overall but it's stable. (and yes, some want to move him to 2nd to squeeze out the promising Sanchez at 2nd for a proven mediocre player).

Does OF defense improve? Nope. Package will likely include Trayce and we're back to the same clowning we had last year.

Heck if we do nothing, we're much better defensively than we were last year and if we use the players correctly, we'd have a plus defensive team. That was a big weakness last year.

But you can't watch defense on home run derby.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)

And if now Gordon just won't happen, how come 15 minutes ago it was a 25-33 percent chance?

Heyward staying with the Cardinals was roughly a 50/50 proposition (they offered more money) but that didn't happen, either.

I can guarantee that Gordon stays with KC if they offer the most money, compared to the Heyward case.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
Who exactly are you going to subtract besides Eaton, Q, Sale, Abreu and Rodon that anybody would want?

David Robertson? That's more of a salary dump. We're not getting a Top 50 prospect back for him. Pocket the savings for the 2018-19 free agent class?

Don't tell me you believe there's a hidden Melky Cabrera market out there.

The White Sox have enough players to make the farm system one of the top farm systems in baseball if that is your thing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Heyward staying with the Cardinals was roughly a 50/50 proposition (they offered more money) but that didn't happen, either.

I can guarantee that Gordon stays with KC if they offer the most money, compared to the Heyward case.

I will give you 4 to 1 odds. I will not post for 4 years if Gordon goes back to KC. You don't post for 1 year if he goes elsewhere. That is the low end of your odds and you weren't going to post until Ventura was fired or KW left anyway. Make the deal or stop with your BS percentages. No one cares about the Royals in the Todd Frazier thread.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
while i agree that the AL is open, but wide?? however there are fav's still going to rule the AL. but man, the NL is getting all the press, b/c they are doing to most to improve.

i believe if the sox makes some more smart moves, at least AL central may be a tight battle with the sox knocking on the door.

good post

The NL has 8 teams (Giants, Dodgers, DBacks, Cubs, Pirates, Cardinals, Mets, Nationals) battling for 5 spots. The AL isn't like that right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
I will give you 4 to 1 odds. I will not post for 4 years if Gordon goes back to KC. You don't post for 1 year if he goes elsewhere. That is the low end of your odds and you weren't going to post until Ventura was fired or KW left anyway. Make the deal or stop with your BS percentages. No one cares about the Royals in the Todd Frazier thread.

Lol. You already lost the Gordon Beckham bet two years ago but kept on your determined warpath trying to convince everyone of Don Cooper's mediocrity.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
The NL has 8 teams (Giants, Dodgers, DBacks, Cubs, Pirates, Cardinals, Mets, Nationals) battling for 5 spots. The AL isn't like that right now.

and you got and made an excellent point.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)
Actually I didn't. I said they both strike out a lot.

The difference, of course, is that you guys want to ravage the farm system and throw the same horrid outfield defense out there.

Frazier's best OBP was .336. Last year it was .309, to accompany his .669 second half OPS. And yet you guys want to trade serious assets for that. How many times do we have to load up with low OBP ballplayers?

Sure Chris Carter is high K low OBP. His 25 homers are also FREE. They won't hurt the club long term. Adding Frazier would maul it.

Who's the last hitter that improved with the Sox. I'll tell - Eaton and Quentin. Common denominator? YOUNG and we traded equal value for YOUNG players. That's actually worked. So what do the Sox do when an approach works? Dump it in the trashcan and go after "proven veterans" again, an approach that has consistently failed.

What exactly would Frazier add?

A good bat? Maybe. Could be a mediocre bat if we follow what has happened in the past with these NL sluggers.

Defense? Nope. We fixed that with Lawrie. Yes, he's average at best but it's stable. (and yes, some want to move him to 2nd to squeeze out the promising Sanchez at 2nd for a proven mediocre player).

Does OF defense improve? Nope. Package will likely include Trayce and we're back to the same clowning we had last year.

Heck if we do nothing, we're much better defensively than we were last year and if we use the players correctly, we'd have a plus defensive team. That was a big weakness last year.

But you can't watch defense on home run derby.

I'm on record as not wanting to go after Frazier, but the bolded is simply not true. Frazier K'd less than the league average last year, while Carter would have had the highest K rate in MLB if he had qualified. It is not an appropriate equivalency to draw between them. It'd be like saying "Nelson Cruz hit a lot of homers last year, but so did Eric Hosmer."

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)

Again, this is all predicated on Melky regressing toward his career averages.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
Again, this is all predicated on Melky regressing toward his career averages.

you make an really good rebuttal there, but you are missing the whole picture.

there is no telling on who will performed as maybe they should, the team needs to address the holes and hope for the best. the only problem is they do not have a viable backup and that is what i am and continue to harp about. get bodies and hope for the best,