Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
I'm assuming that Thompson would play against the lefties and Parra/LaRoche would play against the righties.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah Trayce will play RF for Parra and then just take LaRoche's ab's from the DH position. Just gotta make sure you ensure he won't ever have to come up to hit if he is on base, have fun with that Robin!

Edited by Knackattack

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
I'm assuming that Thompson would play against the lefties and Parra/LaRoche would play against the righties.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well Thompson can't play 2 positions in the starting lineup.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
How does Thompson platoon with 2 guys in this scenario? Neither Parra not LaRoche should play against lefties.

Didn't say it was a bullet proof plan lol. Didn't even realize Para was that bad against lefties. Just throwing a general scenario out there. Basically, would adding 1 slightly above average middle IF and OF to go with Frazier be enough to propel us to the playoffs?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
Last I read Cinci was asking for MLB ready talent in return for Frazier. Do the Sox have enough of that to trade for Frazier? I could see them being interested in Thompson but who else?

I mean lets say Fulmer and Anderson are off limits... You gotta hope at that point that Montas is a good enough starting point and then let them take their pick of everyone else, but I have a feeling that the Reds are going to make some one pay something crazy for him, they are trying to rebuild that Franchise and Frazier is their best chip, if I'm them the conversation starts with Rodon.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
I mean lets say Fulmer and Anderson are off limits... You gotta hope at that point that Montas is a good enough starting point and then let them take their pick of everyone else, but I have a feeling that the Reds are going to make some one pay something crazy for him, they are trying to rebuild that Franchise and Frazier is their best chip, if I'm them the conversation starts with Rodon.

If the conversation starts with Rodon, then I pray to god that Hahn is smart enough to hang up the phone.

Rodon is going to be a star in this league and I would cry if Hahn traded him for 2 years of Todd Frazier.

Edited by ChiSoxFanMike

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
If the conversation starts with Rodon, then I pray to god that Hahn is smart enough to hang up the phone.

Rodon is going to be a star in this league and I would cry if Hahn traded him for 2 years of a Todd Frazier.

I agree 100%, but they need to get value for him and if it doesn't present itself they can hope he posts another .990 OPS in the 1st half then trade him for a haul come July when some team is 1 player away from a playoff push

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)

I agree. The Sox need a 3B but I don't think they have enough of what Cinci is looking for or to compete with another team in a trade. I could be wrong but I just don't see it. Maybe it's my biased towards the idea of trading for him due to cost and second half performance. I'd rather try to find someone else for 3B.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Please no. Cincy will get a big package of prospects for him from someone. He's only around for 2 seasons. This is the exact opposite of the sort of thing we should do.

2 years and very likely a comp pick if he leaves. If we can get him without giving up Anderson or Fulmer, then I'm all for it.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
So how do you expect the Sox to get the position players they need for future in catcher, 3rd baseman, among others. Sox can't draft and really develop position players. Only real development they do is pitchers which is a huge wanted commodity. So Sox trade pitching to get the position players they don't have. Definitely wouldn't be trading fulmer even though right now can't be traded

What's the plan then? Forever trade any marginally solid prospects for veterans who are good but not great? We can't use this excuse for the rest of eternity. Eventually you have to s*** or get off of the pot. If their scouts truly can't find a hitter and their minor league coaches can't develop them, the organization is f***ed.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Guys Fulmer can't be traded so don't worry.

Yes he can be.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Where is the evidence that Fulmer would have to be involved? Frazier doesnt make the Sox a contender by himself but his 3.4 oWar and 4.6 last year is a really good start to putting them in that race. I highly doubt that the White Sox will fill 3rd base and then stop trying to upgrade at all other positions.

I have no evidence. It's rumor.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
Without knowing the price, it's hard to know what to think. I'd like him at third, I don't want to deplete our little farm yet with so far to go in rebuild.

That's my concern. What is the farm system ranked right now? 15-20th overall? They have pitchers, not many hitters?

They need to be developing as many as they can for the White Sox else they will continue to be stuck in this perpetual off-season of having to overspend on free agents to fill holes.

Can they afford to be moving 2-3 of their better prospects for Frazier (or anyone else)?

Oh boy, let's see who we can trade for a 2 year rent .660 OPS with stilted home/away splits.

The Sox will still suck, but we can "Dream" until mid April, when reality will set in. And we'll have a participant on home-run derby!

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
Stay far away from 2 year rents with .660 2nd half OPS'.

Will do nothing but set the Sox back.

Enough damage was done last year with clowning like this.

I don't want Frazier because the Reds will want way too much, but you might have the most recency bias of anyone on this board.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
Can't trade Fulmer.

Not that I believe they would even consider it.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Guys Fulmer can't be traded so don't worry.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
He can be traded as a player to be named later similar to how trea Turner was traded last season

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)
Fulmer can be traded. That rule was changed last year after the Trea Turner nonsense

To be clear here, draft picks can be traded after the World Series, and can't ever be PTBNL before the World Series. The rules were changed last year.