Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
If the Sox were willing to move Tim Anderson they could probably do better than Frazier. I know the win now crowd is ready but I couldn't trade Anderson for two years of Todd Frazier when you have other glaring holes on the roster.

Agree. For me he has to go for at least a guy with 3 years of control.

Many of you seem to object to the fact that Frazier is only controlled for 2 more years. I actually view Frazier's 2 years of control as a positive. He is very affordable this year, at $7.5 million, and arbitration eligible next season. That gives the team a very desirable contract, with no long term commitment. Hopefully, the Sox would have Trey Michalczewski ready to take his place in 2018, when Frazier would opt for free agency, and a big payday. I love getting guys in their prime, playing for a big contract. That sure beats paying an aging player, big money, for past performance. Why not give up Anderson for him? Anderson does not project to be an elite SS. I want a ++ defender for that position. Ditto for Lawrie, except he is not as good of a hitter, at least not yet.

Edited by Lillian