Winter Meetings - Day 1

ChiliIrishHammock24

I don't know if this thread if allowed or not. If not, I guess delete it. But I thought this might be a helpful place to put just Day ONE information that we hear on twitter or MLB Network, or just theorize stuff. Just so people know where all the new info from just Monday's Winter Meetings are and not have to look through, for instance, the Zobrist thread to find new info from the winter meetings.

Last year on Day 1, Rick Hahn blew our unworthy minds. Let's see how Slick Rick kicks things off in Nashville!

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
Works going to be tough this week. Luckily I have half days today and Wednesday.

I am off today and was actually going to take a few days to be off for the Winter Meetings, but then Christmas week and New Years week opened up so I jumped on them. So only one day for the meetings, maybe next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:22 AM)
Cubs and Tampa discussing deals of Baez for a starting pitcher. To me, seems like Tampa is overvaluing Baez big time.

Baez is risky but high ceiling. Depends on starting pitcher. I'd trade EJ for him before I'd trade EJ for, say, Lawrie.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)
Baez is risky but high ceiling. Depends on starting pitcher. I'd trade EJ for him before I'd trade EJ for, say, Lawrie.

Oh? You'd trade Erik Johnson for Javier Baez?

I wonder how badly Loria was laughed at.

"Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets that the Marlins asked the Dodgers for both Julio Urias and Corey Seager in exchange for Fernandez, illustrating the fact that the Marlins aren’t shopping him but only looking to move him if they can receive an overwhelming return. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports asked one rival exec what he thought the Dodgers would need to part with in order to acquire Fernandez, and the exec said Urias, Seager and Scott Van Slyke — an even more sizable haul."

:lol: