Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
I bet Latos and Danks will get the final 2 spots but Turner will be stashed in the pen as a long reliever/emergency starter until a spot opens. They won't dfa him with the risk of losing him if he continues to impress.

I also hope that Danks starts the year in the pen - with Turner and Latos getting the 4/5 slots.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
Are you basing this on Turner and Danks' 2 first week of spring training innings?

That would be retarded. I'm basis that off the last 3 years of Danks combined with Tuners pedigree and a belief that a healthy young turner is going to be more productive and add more balance to the rotation.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
That would be retarded. I'm basis that off the last 3 years of Danks combined with Tuners pedigree and a belief that a healthy young turner is going to be more productive and add more balance to the rotation.

Erik Johnson... the forgotten man .EJ getting a real chance needs to happen with Latos health history and Turner never having lived up to the hype and also his health history,

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)

I hope you're right, but a 6.13 ERA in 2014, and 9 total innings pitched in AA on 2015 seems to say longshot.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 06:53 AM)
Can people quote/copy/paste Twitter link info in the thread?

Not all of us have Twitter access at work.

Chicago White Sox Verified account

‏@whitesox

Mike Olt has cleared waivers and has been outrighted to @KnightsBaseball. He will remain in major league camp. #WhiteSox

Strange article just hit MLB.com - suggesting three spring training trades that could still be consummated. One of which, is Bruce to the White Sox for Danish or Beck.

Their rational makes little to zero sense to me.

Yes, the White Sox just signed Austin Jackson and would seemingly be set in the outfield, but teams are putting more of a premium on depth these days, and with Adam Eaton coming back slowly from offseason surgery on his left shoulder, Chicago should still be looking to updgrade, and a deal sending Bruce to the South Side is not hard to visualize.

Such a move would boost the White Sox in two ways, improving their right-field production and deepening their depth at the corner-outfield and designated-hitter spots.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/165972362/ja...rs-may-be-dealt

From his chat today:

Dave Cameron: The Jackson and Rollins signings could end up being pretty important, though. Those two probably add something like three wins to the White Sox ledger over what the team had.

11:57

Dave Cameron: They still need one more starting pitcher, I think, but the White Sox have a chance to be good this year.

If usually pessimistic on the White Sox Dave Cameron is being optimistic about the team's chances this year, that's a good sign.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
I bet Latos and Danks will get the final 2 spots but Turner will be stashed in the pen as a long reliever/emergency starter until a spot opens. They won't dfa him with the risk of losing him if he continues to impress.

They better be ready to dial 911 when Danks comes out of the shoot 1-4

I wonder if Reds are just using White Sox to try and get more out of some other team. There seems to be no need on our end at all, but we keep being brought up. It's likely Cinci trying to do a "if you don't pony up he's going to the White Sox!" move.

Scott Merkin

@scottmerkin

MLB.com

Macho Man Todd Frazier cuts WWE-style promo like Randy Savage for #SnapchatDay https://t.co/UIJ01S0HCf via @Cut4

Colleen Kane

@ChiTribKane

Chicago Tribune

After frustrating 2015, Avisail Garcia 'working his tail off' on adjustments https://t.co/SpMHRywl4o

Scott Merkin

@scottmerkin

MLB.com

Rodon tosses 4 scoreless -- without slider https://t.co/68z4VSo4bW via @mlb

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal

Fox Sports

Jimmy Rollins making push with #WhiteSox. Story:... https://t.co/JcjFthNk8u