Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
Phil Rogers ‏@philgrogers 18m18 minutes ago

I asked RV about using Dioner Navarro in DH mix. Not as wild as I thought. It's an option, Ventura said, because Lawrie, Saladino can catch.

This statement would indicate to me that its not REALLY an option. LOL

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This statement would indicate to me that its not REALLY an option. LOL

Sure it is. How often does a catcher have to leave a game? An average of 1-2 times per year. In the off chance that the 2nd catcher is in that game at DH, you can have one of the other guys catch a few innings. Or if it's late enough in the game to where you are about to or already have pulled your starter, you can just move the 2nd catcher to DH and pinch hit each time the pitcher's spot comes up.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 2m2 minutes ago

Two starts ago, John Danks tipped his pitches and Dioner Navarro caught it. Since then he's put up 11 straight scoreless innings.

All these years...he has just been tipping his pitches...well I'll be damned.

Two starts ago, John Danks tipped his pitches and Dioner Navarro caught it. Since then he's put up 11 straight scoreless innings.

It is actually 12 1/3. His last 1 1/3 of the previous start were scoreless as well.

But Tyler Flowers was so valuable defensively!

Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 17m17 minutes ago

More cuts for the White Sox today . Players trying to dodge Rick Renteria coming to get them

Also-

Could relate to Gavin Floyd mayyyybe being available for a starting spot if we want that at some point here:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/aaron-sanch...ontos-rotation/

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 17m17 minutes ago

More cuts for the White Sox today . Players trying to dodge Rick Renteria coming to get them

Also-

Could relate to Gavin Floyd mayyyybe being available for a starting spot if we want that at some point here:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/aaron-sanch...ontos-rotation/

I thought over the winter the Sox made sense as a match for Floyd, but the numbers don't work right now.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
Why not?

EJ has no future here and Danks, Turner, and Latos are lottery tickets.

I wouldn't mind bringing back Floyd just for depth.

Because Floyd will get dealt somewhere he can play now on a major league roster. That is not here. Like it or not, the Sox rotation is set.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
Why not?

And where are you going to store him for depth? If the Sox were to acquire him he would have to be in the Majors or he would be gone. He cannot be sent to the minors as a player with 5 years service time without his permission (which he would not give). Even if he did give permission they would have to expose him to waivers and with his salary and strong spring he would be gone in a second. Do some of you guys forget that you can only have 25 men on the active roster? You can't just acquire a bunch of veteran guys for depth just in case something happens. It doesn't work that way.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
And where are you going to store him for depth? If the Sox were to acquire him he would have to be in the Majors or he would be gone. He cannot be sent to the minors as a player with 5 years service time without his permission (which he would not give). Even if he did give permission they would have to expose him to waivers and with his salary and strong spring he would be gone in a second. Do some of you guys forget that you can only have 25 men on the active roster? You can't just acquire a bunch of veteran guys for depth just in case something happens. It doesn't work that way.

Correct. Floyd has a major league contract not an MiLB one, and he has a salary of $1 million for 2016. If he was waived to be sent to the minors, he'd have all kinds of teams claim him for that price.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 05:01 PM)
Why not?

EJ has no future here? Are you talking about Eric Johnson? I beg to differ as I think there is a future with the Sox for the International League P:itcher of the Year for 2015. The kid just needs to mature and gain consistency. If nothing else he is trade bait in 2017 or 2018

This article in French on Aumont

http://www.tvasports.ca/2016/03/24/aumont-...c-les-white-sox

This is the google translation

The Quebecers Phillippe Aumont impresses and seems on track to earn a spot in the bullpen for the Chicago White Sox.

Still Wednesday in the Cactus League, he withdrew to stick the two batters he faced in the ninth inning, to complete the 6-1 White Sox against the San Diego Padres.

Aumont then needed only six shots to foil Jabari Blash and Edwin Moreno quick succession.

Definitely change of air benefits Aumont, who had not been able to settle in the Philadelphia Phillies organization in recent years.

At 27, the young man from Gatineau has best career training camp, conceding no points in five innings past the mound.

With only four hits granted, the batting average of his opponents against him is, 190. It also allowed three walks.

Barring a surprise, only one or two new relievers will be added to the White Sox in the camp of the term. If he continues to do well, Aumont could join a staff of David Robertson, Zach Duke and Dan Jennings, among others, from the start of the season.

The young Danish Tyler, 21, also knows a good camp with the White Sox and remains at the heart of the fight with Aumont.

Some decisions are expected soon, as the White Sox must start their campaign on Monday, April 4 against the Athletics in Oakland.