Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
I was doing it in my head and missed Richard, Logan, and Torres. Damn. Is Ryan Sweeney out of baseball?

Chris Carter in Milwaukee.

I'm sure there's other random relievers out there as well.

I would also count amateur international free agents (Jose Abreu obviously doesn't count).

Edited by soxfan2014

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
David Kaplan told a story today on the air that the Sox were set to trade Jessie Crain to the O's for Arrieta but Crain failed his medicals. I looked and it was reported on in 2013, but I don't remember it at all.

I don't remember that at all, either.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
David Kaplan told a story today on the air that the Sox were set to trade Jessie Crain to the O's for Arrieta but Crain failed his medicals. I looked and it was reported on in 2013, but I don't remember it at all.

That was such a brutal year with Floyd (who we were going to move) and Crain going down with injuries. Crain was dominating at that point in time. Crazy to think about and who knows whether he becomes that same pitcher with us or not.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
2013 story on ESPN

In 2013 with the O's, he was nothing, so it probably didn't get a ton of notice from us.

And Jas is right, you just have no idea what he would have turned into with another club and coaching staff. Still would have been a great trade and credit the Sox for trying to make a move like that.

Oh I remember us dealing Crain. We ended up sending him to Tampa for a conditional player, and Crain didn't end up playing for them. What I didn't remember was that Arrieta was a possibility.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)

Sale

Arrieta

Quintana

Rodon

My god..

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)

Orioles medical staff struck again.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
That was such a brutal year with Floyd (who we were going to move) and Crain going down with injuries. Crain was dominating at that point in time. Crazy to think about and who knows whether he becomes that same pitcher with us or not.

This is an awesome article

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)

I believe Peavy was on the dl a few times as well that season. And Thornton was declining. Horrible year to sell (of course some pieces in the Peavy deal helped us land some major league players on the current roster).

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
Sale

Arrieta

Quintana

Rodon

My god..

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)
Sale

Arrieta

Quintana

Rodon

Fulmer

Championship.

There's no guarantee that they would have gotten Rodon or Fulmer if they had Arrieta.

He may have changed the winning of the franchise so that the Sox wouldn't have had the same draft pick spots.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 07:05 AM)
There's no guarantee that they would have gotten Rodon or Fulmer if they had Arrieta.

He may have changed the winning of the franchise so that the Sox wouldn't have had the same draft pick spots.

Good point, but we may still have gotten Rodon since Arrieta was no good until 2014, and Rodon's pick was retroactive to 2013.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 07:05 AM)

Assuming of course that the White Sox DO FIX Arrieta.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 22m22 minutes ago

14/25 RBI this season have been by new additions: Frazier (6), Rollins (3), Jackson (3), Navarro (1) & Lawrie (1).

So 56% of the RBI have come from guys who have had 52% of the plate appearances.

what a quote from Hahn given the Laroche situation:

'Look, just bring back the same group and I assure you we're going to contend,'" said Hahn, the team's fourth-year general manager. "'You have enough talent in here right now, just bring back the same group.'

Yea, guys were way too comfie. Coming off '15 the last thing the players should be saying is "let's try again with the same guys!" Definition of insanity and all that.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

On 7/31/2008, the Sox played the Twins in MN. Gardenhire got ejected which prompted Twins fans to litter the field with hats, beer bottles, baseballs, foam footballs, etc. Guillen pulled the Sox off the field, as this was happening during an inning. Can anyone find the video of this? It was 2008, so it shouldn't be as hard to find as it is for me. I found one video on YouTube, but it was taken by a fan at the game with like, 240p quality and horrible camerawork.