Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Richard Justice ‏@richardjustice 10m10 minutes ago

Top AL road ERAs: @WhiteSox 2.80, @Mariners 3.00, @BlueJays 3.06, @Indians 3.12, @Rangers 3.41

Well, I know one team is no longer on this list :(

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trading for a position player like Swihart is one of those scenarios that gets talked about here (drafting top pitching, trading the depth for more developed hitting). If Fulmer was pitching good, does anyone think a Fulmer for Swihart deal would make sense seeing as though we have 3 draft picks in the like top 50?

Edit: nevermind. He'd probably be in our rotation at some point if he was pitching well enough. But just kinda using it as an example.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 13, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
I wonder if Quintana+ could get it done?

Too late. I posted several times last winter that we should move Q for Bradley Jr, Swihart or vazquez and Owens. Obviously at the time Bradley jr was coming off an off-season and Vazquez off Tommy John. I knew they had 5 outfielders and they desperately needed pitching.

Now Bradley Jr is probably an untouchable for them. I thought Vazquez would be available rather than Swihart. But Vazquez won the starting spot and now Boston thinks Swihart is better as a left-fielder and have moved him there. I would be worried just trading for Swihart unless White Sox think he still is an ML catcher.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 15, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)
Too late. I posted several times last winter that we should move Q for Bradley Jr, Swihart or vazquez and Owens. Obviously at the time Bradley jr was coming off an off-season and Vazquez off Tommy John. I knew they had 5 outfielders and they desperately needed pitching.

Now Bradley Jr is probably an untouchable for them. I thought Vazquez would be available rather than Swihart. But Vazquez won the starting spot and now Boston thinks Swihart is better as a left-fielder and have moved him there. I would be worried just trading for Swihart unless White Sox think he still is an ML catcher.

I think you mean the 2014-2015 offseason in terms of targeting Bradley, Jr.

It was clear this year that they needed his defense and Betts' in the outfield, and that Hanley Ramirez and probably Rusney Castillo would be the odd men out (Ramirez was moved to 1B.)

So they would have offered Castillo/catcher/Owens instead...or we would have gone after the same targets that were traded for Craig Kimbrel (or maybe not, since they were too far off in their development to impact the White Sox until 2017 at the earliest, but probably 2018).

Chris Sale's 10 starts until the break if nothing goes wrong:

5-19 vs Astros

5-24 vs Indians

5-29 at Royals

6-4 at Tigers

6-10 vs Royals

6-15 vs Tigers

6-21 at Indians

6-26 vs Blue Jays

7-2 at Astros

7-8 vs Braves

Royals, Tigers, Indians, and Astros twice, plus the Jays and Braves.

I'm not greedy. I'll take 8-2 in these starts. :)