Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris Sale’s Scissors: Love the work you’ve done this week subbing for Buster. Been a must listen all week. What’s your take on the supposed rift between Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams? As a fan of the team I don’t think they’ll ever be serious contenders as long as Williams is on the premises as he has no long-term vision whatsoever. His ego won’t allow a rebuild. I actually feel for Hahn, who SEEMS to understand what’s needed but can’t act due to the egos above him.

Klaw: I don’t know any details on the rift, but I agree that Hahn is the more progressive thinker while Williams is more reactionary and operates from an older playbook.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
Rick Hahn said the direction of the team will be clear after the first or second move of the off season

https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/768920841413332992

Move 1: trading Sale or Q with everyone thinking rebuild.

Move 2: signing a bat to help win ASAP making it clear what they want to do. Or move 2 doesn't happen and they do decide to rebuild.

All I know is I can't wait for offseason speculation (yes the season is at that point haha).

Edited by soxfan2014

After dealing away Dioner Navarro on Friday, the White Sox may have further moves to make before the end of the month. As Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago tweets, GM Rick Hahn says that there are some other irons in the fire as contenders move to add players to their organization before the August 31 deadline to bring in postseason-eligible outsiders. “We were having dialogue with a lot of different clubs on a handful of different players,” says Hahn.

-MLBTR

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Move 1: trading Sale or Q with everyone thinking rebuild.

Move 2: signing a bat to help win ASAP making it clear what they want to do. Or move 2 doesn't happen and they do decide to rebuild.

All I know is I can't wait for offseason speculation (yes the season is at that point haha).

Even though on a macro level I think this ML team needs a good scrubbing, I wouldn't do either of those things this offseason.

I would sign a defensive catcher (although not to a LT contract) and a CF who plays plus D and isn't inept offensively. In the meantime, give these back pen guys with good stuff high leverage opportunities to see if they can be useful pen pieces, and put Fulmer in the rotation.

Disbursement prices are better in July than December, so I would do a measured "go for it" at this ppint.

Do NOT sign a hitter...been there, failed at that too many times. Re-sign Morneau.

And do not trade serious prospects for yet another Williams-Hahn "proven veteran"

Trade Lawrie - Saladino's a better baseball player.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 8m8 minutes ago Tim Anderson last 20 games: .338/.373/.545, 16 Runs, 6 Doubles, 2 Triples, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 3 SB #WhiteSox

I had hopes for Anderson but never expected him to do as well as he has. His minor league career showed he had a knack for making adjustments and boy has that trend continued here in The Show.

Can't think of the last time someone came up so your my for us and has thrived with making adjustments so well. Beckham did great his first year or so but never could turn things around.

Who's the last position player you can recall who has done well like this?