Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
So Shields had some sort of back problem, and Carson Fulmer just pitched another 0 ER outing pitching on the same day. I'll let you guys do the math.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
Shields (back) could be shut down for season

And I am sure step two will quickly follow.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)
Not really . The time to get rid of him was the year before. I know many here wanted it.

Hahn was right to not pick up his option, but having traded him for a solid return a couple years earlier would have made the current situation a lot less dire. So, one right, one eh.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
We still don't know if Saladino is capable of everyday play or how well he'd do at SS for 7-10 days.

Do we?

What is the point of testing if we have Anderson there?

Unless you're talking about the bat. Saladino was the 3B starter a good chunk last year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)
What is the point of testing if we have Anderson there?

Unless you're talking about the bat. Saladino was the 3B starter a good chunk last year.

Right. We still can't definitively rule out Lawrie as the starter for next season, unless they trade Frazier for minor leaguers, and that still might give us Davidson at 3b.

Saladino has played over 400 games at SS for the White Sox in the minor leagues and has made 34 starts at SS this season. I think the team knows what he is capable of doing there, despite not getting 10 or 15 starts at SS last September. For some reason, I don't think those would have been the tell all if you get nothing from his minor league performance and nothing from the time there this year. In fact, Saladino has played more SS on the major league level than 2B.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/profile...=Tyler-Saladino

11 games for a grand total of 63 innings at SS in 2015, essentially 7 games worth of time. In the end, still, there are just as many arguments about Saladino as a full-time starter at 2b in 2017 as there are about Ventura as a manager. Anyone can draw whatever conclusion/s they want and support them or not.

Here's the thing, if they knew he was going to play the way he has...there was zero reason to add Jimmy Rollins. They could have started the year with Saladino and transitioned him to supersub when Anderson arrived. And showing the ability to play major league SS also would have increased his trade value to other teams.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
http://thebaseballcube.com/players/profile...=Tyler-Saladino

11 games for a grand total of 63 innings at SS in 2015, essentially 7 games worth of time. In the end, still, there are just as many arguments about Saladino as a full-time starter at 2b in 2017 as there are about Ventura as a manager. Anyone can draw whatever conclusion/s they want and support them or not.

Here's the thing, if they knew he was going to play the way he has...there was zero reason to add Jimmy Rollins. They could have started the year with Saladino and transitioned him to supersub when Anderson arrived. And showing the ability to play major league SS also would have increased his trade value to other teams.

Almost an entire season has been played since Rollins was signed. Things have changed since then. This organization has had nearly an entire baseball season to evaluate the kid, and for him to grow up into the role.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
Almost an entire season has been played since Rollins was signed. Things have changed since then. This organization has had nearly an entire baseball season to evaluate the kid, and for him to grow up into the role.

And Saladino had a legit shot at the job in spring training. He didn't beat Rollins out. The cards were not stacked against him. Robin loves the guy. He almost made the team a few years ago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
And Saladino had a legit shot at the job in spring training. He didn't beat Rollins out. The cards were not stacked against him. Robin loves the guy. He almost made the team a few years ago.

I mean, I don't get what Jimmy Rollins has to do with anything now. Tyler Saladino has come out and played a very solid season. They are going to be looking at that versus Jimmy Rollins winning the job in spring training. I mean that is so irrelevant, I am not sure why it is even mentioned.