Zobrist To Cubs, 4/56

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
They will be regretting that contract. Yikes. Dude is 35.

No kidding. The cubs sign a 35 year old for all that money and trade a 25 year old 3x all star to make room for the 35 year old. :o

I don't think Hendry was that nuts.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
No kidding. The cubs sign a 35 year old for all that money and trade a 25 year old 3x all star to make room for the 35 year old. :o

I don't think Hendry was that nuts.

shhhh don't wake up the FO, i think the owners are doing a jr move. :pray

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:07 PM)
shhhh don't wake up the FO, i think the owners are doing a jr move. :pray

Lol. I think the Sox FO is smarter that.

These last two moves the cubs made make no sense at all. Luckily it shouldn't take too long for cub fans to regret this.

Edit: it does make some sense seeing as how the cubs got a starting pitcher in return from the Yanks but still...

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)
Lol. I think the Sox FO is smarter that.

These last two moves the cubs made make no sense at all. Luckily it shouldn't take too long for cub fans to regret this.

Edit: it does make some sense seeing as how the cubs got a starting pitcher in return from the Yanks but still...

sox owner making the infamous 1 side trade...... it was horrible. then jr took over.

QUOTE (BigFinn @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
I agree, Castro still has upside, and he can still play shortstop if necessary.

And Zobrist plays the outfield. And why would they need Castro to play short, with Russell and Baez? And the important part, Castro sucks compared to Zobrist as a hitter. How do people ignore 2 of his last 3 seasons with a 74 and an 80 wRC+? I know how. If you don't have to watch him suck every day and don't care if he does, then you can just pretend that it didn't happen and conclude that he is very good because "young".

I do think Zobrist could be a solid addition to the Cubs. He is a good fit to add a veteran presence to a young clubhouse. Guy is a 2nd baseman who Maddon will plug in all over the place. Solid # 2 hitter. Would not have been a good fit w us. Hopefully Hahn has zeroed in on a solid 3B for us.

The money isn't bad, but the years are a bit much. The guy will be 39 a month in to that final season. He saw a pretty big drop off last year slipping to a 2.1 WAR. His defensive value plummeted. He's always been thought of as possibly an exploit of the many many shifts that Maddon employed in TB. Could have severely skewed his defensive metrics which inflated his WAR. I don't know if Maddon shifts as much as he used to, but the shifts could explain how Zobrist went from 5-6 WAR player for like 6 years with Maddon, to a 2.1 WAR player without Maddon.