Zobrist To Cubs, 4/56

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 34m34 minutes ago

Cubs not done yet according to source . Big time outfielder next ? Hayward -Gordan - Car Go ?

He's either regularly half in the bag or mildly retarded, I can't quite figure out which.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
Hate him why? Just curious. Seems like an odd player to hate ya know

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
Yeah very strange. I've always been a big fan of his.

100% because he went to Olivet Nazarene University. I'm from the area and the students from Olivet carry a hilarious arrogance about them.

So it's a sports hate, not a genuine "I despise this guy" hate.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
Where you hearing this?

Fathom convinces himself the cubs are going to sign every A flight player every off-season so that he feels better when it does not come through.

All last season all we heard was Price to the cub...JS was going to go there to torment the Sox fans

Signing Gordon would be a grave mistake for them which Lackey and Zobrist both were.

They still need to figure out what Arrieta is going to make next year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:57 AM)
100% because he went to Olivet Nazarene University. I'm from the area and the students from Olivet carry a hilarious arrogance about them.

So it's a sports hate, not a genuine "I despise this guy" hate.

Ha! I had a lot of irrational Samardjiza hate I had to pause... he's from Valparaiso, went to Notre Dame, and played for the Cubs. For me those are three great reason to root against a guy.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 34m34 minutes ago

Cubs not done yet according to source . Big time outfielder next ? Hayward -Gordan - Car Go ?

This man has not had a good offseason in terms of predictions. He had Samardzija back to the Cubs for something like 5/65M, Price was also a done deal

He also thought Baez was sufficient to trade for Quintana

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
Ha! I had a lot of irrational Samardjiza hate I had to pause... he's from Valparaiso, went to Notre Dame, and played for the Cubs. For me those are three great reason to root against a guy.

ND, Cubs and sucked for White Sox....he's like the perfect movie villain.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Fathom convinces himself the cubs are going to sign every A flight player every off-season so that he feels better when it does not come through.

All last season all we heard was Price to the cub...JS was going to go there to torment the Sox fans

Signing Gordon would be a grave mistake for them which Lackey and Zobrist both were.

Seems they're trying to trade Soler to open up a spot for Heyward

Joel ShermanVerified account

‏@Joelsherman1

#Cubs finished 2d for Shelby Miller. Were willing to include Soler. But Atl liked #Diamondbacks deal too much to pass up

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)

Completely forgot about this, that's going to add quite a bit of money by itself, seems unlikely they have enough for Heyward. I could see Gordon though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)

‏@Joelsherman1

#Cubs finished 2d for Shelby Miller. Were willing to include Soler. But Atl liked #Diamondbacks deal too much to pass up

Duh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)

Hes also a colossal douchebag, and this is first hand knowledge.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)

‏@Joelsherman1

They have a spot for Heyward, Fowler isn't there. Soler isn't guaranteed anything, he was not what they wanted him to be

If they want Heyward, they can go get him regardless of Soler