Shelby Miller to Arizona

coco1997

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
Weird overpay from the team who traded Eaton and Skaggs for Mark Trumbo (a DH in the field and can't put up an OPS as high as Eaton). I'm somehow not surprised.

but stewart and larussa are there now i would have thought they would have done better in trading.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
Weird overpay from the team who traded Eaton and Skaggs for Mark Trumbo (a DH in the field and can't put up an OPS as high as Eaton). I'm somehow not surprised.

Different GM

They then made a nice trade to dump Trumbo.

Arizona churns out a lot of talent from their minors (a lot more than the Sox) so they can overpay.

But yea, this is the kind of trade the Sox should look toward (the Atlanta end), but they DON'T. It's a value trade; will help long term and may not the immediate position of need. All the Sox care about is getting a 3B and/or SS in here so they can howl at the moon until mid May.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)

To be fair, they really had to trade one of Eaton or Pollock, and Eaton's value wasn't too high at the time due to injuries and a slight decline.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:49 AM)
To be fair, they really had to trade one of Eaton or Pollock, and Eaton's value wasn't too high at the time due to injuries and a slight decline.

and unconfirmed rumor of him being too uppity in the clubhouse. (what ever that meant)

I'm just at a loss for words with this return.

Shelby Miller is apparently worth the 2015 #1 overall draft pick, the #40 prospect in baseball, and a speedy, .300+ hitter who is elite defensively (3.3 fWAR/5.3 bWAR).

Chris Sale must be worth Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Baez, Soler, Alcantara, Vogelbach, Torres, and more!

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
Swanson and Inciarte is an overpay for Miller IMO.

Yeah...for as hard as I try to be a Dbag fan since I live out here...I just can't. Dumping Swanson really pisses me off....AND Inciarte?!?!?! Geezus. I can't even begin to fathom what Sale would bring for crap sakes. Yeah...I hope Q's name is dangling out there...good lord.

ATL got a great package for Miller, but the Sox are better off waiting until next offseason before consider moving Quintana or Sale IMO. The free agent market is significantly worse next year and these guys will still have three & four years of control respectively. Plus we'll have a much better idea where we stand in a year (does Rodon take that next step, are guys like Anderson/Fulmer legit pieces) and dead weight off our roster (LaRoche/Danks).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)
ATL got a great package for Miller, but the Sox are better off waiting until next offseason before consider moving Quintana or Sale IMO. The free agent market is significantly worse next year and these guys will still have three & four years of control respectively. Plus we'll have a much better idea where we stand in a year (does Rodon take that next step, are guys like Anderson/Fulmer legit pieces) and dead weight off our roster (LaRoche/Danks).

I don't disagree with you, but in the case of Quintana, I would hope they are at least listening. Sale, I get it. Too hard to trade. If Quintana could get back a couple all-star upside bats now, you do it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)

Good points; it's also the argument for saving our prospects.

there are also aren't many orgs like Arizona willing to trade prospects like that. Boston is one. But they made their moves.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
This is exactly why Q should be placed on the block.

The return for him could change the direction of the franchise.

That would be taking 2 steps back to take 5 steps forward.

The Sox prefer to take 1 step forward and then 3 steps back.

Seriously...wtf is Hahn doing? Obviously with this trade Q isn't even on the market. Not sure what Plan A B or C is...I honestly doubt they have one. I could see this trade for Q...but Shelby Miller!?!? I'm seriously pissed about this...

It frustrates me reading of another team selling high on a player and taking advantage of another team's willingness to overpay to compete.

White Sox NEVER make these deals and they desparately need to. And I don't want to hear, "these trades are rare," because it happens every damn offseason and at the trade deadline. We've seen from Kimbrell and now Miller what the return can be for good pitching. Take advantage of it, Hahn

I see where you're coming from and believe me, my mind has been running like crazy since I read what Atlanta got in return. I'll leave it at that since this isn't a Sox thread and I do not want to derail it but, DAMN!

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
That would be taking 2 steps back to take 5 steps forward.

The Sox prefer to take 1 step forward and then 3 steps back.

Exactly, and our weak minded management could never accept such a move. Always going for it are the White Sox!