White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
KW is the Executive Vice President, he is in charge. What about Kenny screams out to you that he isnt trying to call shots or at the very least have a voice in whats going on? He is constantly in the media spouting off like he is very much involved.

Where did I say he wasnt involved or doesnt have a voice? My original point had nothing to do with that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW is the Executive Vice President, he is in charge. What about Kenny screams out to you that he isnt trying to call shots or at the very least have a voice in whats going on? He is constantly in the media spouting off like he is very much involved.

What is it about Hahn screams at you that he gave up "real GM" positions for one where he has no power? He must've know that KW wouldn't let him do anything because he's worked with him for years.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 20s21 seconds ago

Hahn to Sox fans: "I’m as impatient as any @Whatever may be on Twitter so I get it, but we're not going to do anything to calm the masses."

Frankly to leave the Winter meetings with the infield questions still in a complete toss up is a little disappointing. Expected...but disappointing nonetheless

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
With that I say nothing gets done this week.

This week alone isn't significant as a bench mark but we cannot be sitting idle for long. Too much needs to be done with this team and the point is trading for/acquiring the pieces while the most players are available and teams have positions needing to be filled.

White Sox decline to address trade rumors on Brett Lawrie, obviously, while source says they continue to track 3B options.

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox/status/674728981317464064

Have heard the White Sox are still looking at Lawrie, but he is not their only option being evaluated

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/674729319781023745

Not their only option in looking for a third baseman, to be clear

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/674729558206205952

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
Lol, not that I'm doubting you it's just a White Sox move to throw money at those two for maybe enough of an offensive upgrade to finish at .500

I agree. Sounds like they're counting on a big turnaround from the current roster which sounds good but I will believe it when I see it. But since they have to fill the hole at 3B I figured they'd be smart enough not to trade away top prospects and just slide Saladino over to SS.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
Subscribe to my theory that the original story was a plant.

It's devious but kind of funny to think Oakland and the White Sox were working with each other. Like Oakland was trying to drum up interest in Lawrie and Hahn sought to lower demands on Frazier. I don't know if I'd believe it but yes.....i'll subscribe to your theory

Names we've heard #WhiteSox linked to for 3B this week: Brett Lawrie, Todd Frazier, Asdrubal Cabrera.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/674736915443265537

Rick Hahn said White Sox are still exploring multiple options at third base, but says talks have become "more substantive."

https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane/status/674736972485820420

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

I hope KW's ego doesn't screw up anything.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:00 AM)
To be fair, the ones leaking the Lawrie news are their beat writers so if not for them, we would know nothing of this deal.

except a poster with source, and i believe he has that source said last nite the lawrie rumor had legs..... so it is what beene wants as the rtn.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
What a dud of a Winter meetings for White Sox fans. Hopefully they will make some moves soon. Get some buzz going.

Exactly. As I posted on another thread the winter meetings have been as depressing as the regular season. Tough to be excited about this team.

Oakland’s proposed trade with the White Sox was on hold on Wednesday as other teams tried to jump in on the action.

In the end, though, infielder Brett Lawrie is still likely to go to Chicago in exchange for minor-leaguers. The framework of a deal between the teams is believed to be in place, but the White Sox were exploring other options, too, including Reds third baseman Todd Frazier. And in the meantime, at least one other American League club began discussing Lawrie again internally.

Slusser posted that first

Edited by Buehrle>Wood