White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)
Eh..it's his shtick. Whatever. I like coming up with different ideas, crazy ideas and have fun in the offseason. Some people on here take it way too serious. I like the Sox and this is an awesome board. I'm on it because it's the best on the Internet. I like the posters on here too.

100% agree.

This place is also why I don't discuss Sox baseball on Twitter anymore. There are way too many nitwits on there.

I love this forum.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
I do.

You just don't like what I throw out there.

Acquire young talent. Don't trade for rents, career years and mediocre veterans.

What the Sox are doing has a 100% failure rate.

I have no interest in the average Lawrie, except on the cheap.

This team is not competing in 2016, no matter how much fawning Williams and Hahn do at the feet of Billy Beane. No matter how many of our young players we hand over to him.

And if the price I heard is correct, it's an outrage.

You're the guy that wants to trade Eaton and Melky but keep Avi...

That plan seems like it'd have a 100% failure rate as well.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Montas to the A's? Maybe the next Frank De Los Santos? ;)

I really have no idea how to speculate on the package for both Lawrie and Reddick but I don't think your idea is far off and sounds pretty close to me.

A defensive OF of Eaton LF, Thompson CF and Reddick RF sounds really good to me. Huge upgrade over last season.

right now, montas and other prospects are a gamble.... until they make it to the bigs, no one know how they will develop. however this team is in a desperate condition with now help coming in key position.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:11 AM)
How many were hit in Oakland? I'm on my way to work so I can't look it up. I will look it up later because I'm curious.I think he can hit 20 with us realistically.

In '15 Lawrie had 6HR at home and 10HR on the road. I watched some highlights of him earlier and he can hit some absolute bombs.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:14 AM)
Montas to the A's? Maybe the next Frank De Los Santos? ;)

I really have no idea how to speculate on the package for both Lawrie and Reddick but I don't think your idea is far off and sounds pretty close to me.

A defensive OF of Eaton LF, Thompson CF and Reddick RF sounds really good to me. Huge upgrade over last season.

if we're talking Reddick AND Lawrie, it freightens me to think of a package. Dealing for TWO major league starters is going to cost us atleast Montas and Anderson. That's a steep price to pay for me

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:22 AM)
Looking at his 14 numbers, he had 12 homers in 70 games. If he had stayed healthy, who knows how many he could have hit.

His average was also .025 higher (.247/.272) on the road. Oakland's ballpark clearly had an effect on him.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Lawrie was a former top prospect who is 1 year older than Trayce Thompson. Has breakout potential. He might not do it, but he's certainly a better gamble than some of the others.

I don't know the players involved but I like him as a somewhat buy low high reward type of deal.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
right now, montas and other prospects are a gamble.... until they make it to the bigs, no one know how they will develop. however this team is in a desperate condition with now help coming in key position.

You must general manage the Diamondbacks

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:22 AM)
Looking at his 14 numbers, he had 12 homers in 70 games. If he had stayed healthy, who knows how many he could have hit.

Imo, there's no denying that there's plenty of upside left in Lawrie. I'd like to see what he can do in a full season hitting at the Cell.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
Supposedly MLB Radio said the Sox are giving up Engel, Thompson and Avi. I don't know this report to true so don't freak out but that would be steep.

Thompson AND Avi? I thought we'd want to keep one. Guess we'd be going with an OF of Cabrera/Eaton/...Shuck/FA?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Thompson AND Avi? I thought we'd want to keep one. Guess we'd be going with an OF of Cabrera/Eaton/...Shuck/FA?

That feels steep. I feel like if it were Thompson AND Avi that Reddick would almost have to be included in that deal too

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
Supposedly MLB Radio said the Sox are giving up Engel, Thompson and Avi. I don't know this report to true so don't freak out but that would be steep.

I wouldn't be happy about giving up Engel. I could see Trayce because of his brother in the area that makes sense plus he was productive in his small sample size in the bigs.