White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:21 AM)
As long as he's not violent or dangerous to others, I couldn't care less how big of a douche the guy is if he can play. The supposed king of all douche's was a huge part of 05.

Ventura hit him last year and Herrera tried to hit him. Didn't go after either of them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:21 AM)
As long as he's not violent or dangerous to others, I couldn't care less how big of a douche the guy is if he can play. The supposed king of all douche's was a huge part of 05.

You weren't that big of a part of that season

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
Oh whaaaa! So he blocked the local beat writer. Its twitter, Big deal. :lol:

Obviously he thought whatever she said about/to him was a big enough deal that the took the time digitally put his fingers in his ears and yell "LALALALALALA" when she talks about him.

I mean, it's whatever. I don't automatically love players because they are on my favorite team. I try to avoid being a homer in that sense. But I realize the same people who hated Samardzija on the Cubs, and then loved him on the Sox, then hated him again once he left will be the same people to fall in love with someone like Lawrie because he plays for their favorite team. Not for me.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
Obviously he thought whatever she said about/to him was a big enough deal that the took the time digitally put his fingers in his ears and yell "LALALALALALA" when she talks about him.

I mean, it's whatever. I don't automatically love players because they are on my favorite team. I try to avoid being a homer in that sense. But I realize the same people who hated Samardzija on the Cubs, and then loved him on the Sox, then hated him again once he left will be the same people to fall in love with someone like Lawrie because he plays for their favorite team. Not for me.

So if he comes here you don't want to root for him to do good? You'd prefer he suck and we don't win games?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:29 AM)
So if he comes here you don't want to root for him to do good? You'd prefer he suck and we don't win games?

Nah, I won't root against him, but I won't root for him. There are players I have hated on a lot of my favorite teams. I'm a Cowboys fan. I hated Terrell Owens and I now hate Dez Bryant. I don't hope Dez drops every pass thrown his way, but I would love for him to be traded and you couldn't pay me to ever wear his jersey. I hated Daniel Carcillo on the Hawks as well.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)

Fair enough, I can see that. FWIW, I never was a Samardzija fan. ;)

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
One last comment on him as a person.....

When Lawrie first heard he was going to be added to the "40"-man roster.

CVw4CF6UYAA4aFD.jpg

Lmao, you're really trying to prove a point. I'll like the Lawrie trade as long as its not the only move done.