Rockies outfielders in trade talks

Whisox05

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
Sure, he'd get more years on the open market, but those teams aren't trading prospects for him. Does it really make sense to give up several good prospects for a guy being paid like an elite OF but only has two years of control with his red flags?

Any deal they make where we give up anything significant, the Rockies definitely have to pay about 1/3. I'd rather take it all on and give a little less though and not commit 6-8 years for Cespedes or Upton (though I'd rather have Cespedes. Anyone who signs Upton will regret it in like 2 years. K's too much, average d at best, injury prone. Pass).

Edited by soxfan2014

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little mind boggling to me that most of you would rather trade more prospects for Cargo and his contract. The same Corrs ?'s apply to Cargo as Blackmon and Dickerson...Cargo has just been taking advantage of Corrs longer. We shouldn't be trading for what a guy did in 2013 either. Cargo hasn't been elite since then. 2 years 37 million + at least 2 of our really good prospects is way too much for him in my opinion. The injuries scare me a little with Dickerson and I'd imagine they'd still want a pretty good package back for him as well. So that leaves me with Blackmon as a left handed hitter who can bring above average D to LF with good speed on the bases and 10-15 hr's at a cheap price through '19. I wouldn't expect him to reproduce his Corrs #'s with us, but a regression to .270/.330/.400 with 30 steals and 12 HR's with a huge boost to our LF D is still pretty damn valuable to us. If they would do a package of Montas and 1 of Engel, May, Guerrero for him I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/159825864

Sox have checked in on the Rockies outfielders.

This article seems odd and confusing. The Sox "seem set on keeping" the 30th pick in this year's mlb draft, so they can't sign Upton or Alex Gordon. But, they would be totally fine giving the Rockies a high-end prospect already in their system who is almost certainly better than anything they could get with that 30th pick... Makes no sense.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
I don't know how we'd get CarGo. 0% chance we deal Quintana for him.

They can't keep trading the farm at this point. I have no issue with what they did these first two trades but I would rather them sacrifice a pick & sign an FA at this point.

From what I've read recently it sounds like the Rockies outfielders have a pretty good price tag attached to them. If that's the case and the Sox are willing to deal more prospects then see what Atlanta would want for Inciarte. Otherwise sign one of Cespedes or Upton.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
From what I've read recently it sounds like the Rockies outfielders have a pretty good price tag attached to them. If that's the case and the Sox are willing to deal more prospects then see what Atlanta would want for Inciarte. Otherwise sign one of Cespedes or Upton.

It's going to hurt to get Inciarte. He's a very good young player. But he's going to be very expensive.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
It's going to hurt to get Inciarte. He's a very good young player. But he's going to be very expensive.

No doubt about that. Atlanta is looking to move Markakis so I wonder if the Sox and Braves work something along the lines of Inciarte/Markakis for Anderson/Avi ++. I'm just doing some thinking out loud and major spit-balling. Im not getting hopes up that's for sure.

I am curious about the price of Blackmon.

Would the White Sox pay Markakis $31.5 million for three years on the free agency market?

That's the main point. And would it be enough of an upgrade to make it worthwhile (same with Fowler, Span, etc.)

Probably not.

Avi has little to no value right now, and the Braves would certainly not trade Inciarte straight up for Tim Anderson...not to mention the fact we'd suddenly have no SS or C of the future, essentially the two most important positions on the diamond.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
Would the White Sox pay Markakis $31.5 million for three years on the free agency market?

That's the main point. And would it be enough of an upgrade to make it worthwhile (same with Fowler, Span, etc.)

Probably not.

Avi has little to no value right now, and the Braves would certainly not trade Inciarte straight up for Tim Anderson...not to mention the fact we'd suddenly have no SS or C of the future, essentially the two most important positions on the diamond.

Markakis is worse than Melky.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
No doubt about that. Atlanta is looking to move Markakis so I wonder if the Sox and Braves work something along the lines of Inciarte/Markakis for Anderson/Avi ++. I'm just doing some thinking out loud and major spit-balling. Im not getting hopes up that's for sure.

I am curious about the price of Blackmon.

I would not be happy if that deal happened.

Yeah, Inciarte is good, but why give up your best prospect in Anderson for him when you can sign Cespedes/Upton/Gordon? All those guys are more "elite" in my mind than Inciarte anyway.

I like your proposals 99.9% of the time, but I would be very disappointed if that trade went through.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
I would not be happy if that deal happened.

Yeah, Inciarte is good, but why give up your best prospect in Anderson for him when you can sign Cespedes/Upton/Gordon? All those guys are more "elite" in my mind than Inciarte anyway.

I like your proposals 99.9% of the time, but I would be very disappointed if that trade went through.

Atlanta wants to move Markakis and his contract and is willing to listen on Inciarte. So the spit-balling is offer to take on Markakis' contract to alleviate the prospect cost on Inciarte. Markakis is an overall upgrade in RF and at the plate over Avi. Inciarte comes with five years of team control, brings elite defense to CF and great speed to the lineup. Eaton goes to LF and Melky to DH. Now the outfield defense is much better overall. Inciarte bats lead off with Eaton second.

I'm one of Anderson's biggest fans and prefer to keep him but I would be willing to trade him in a deal for Inciarte. I know Anderson alone doesn't get the Sox Inciarte which is why I would be willing to take the contract of Markakis back if the rest of the Anderson package wasn't too costly. I know Atlanta already has two very highly rated SS prospects but I still don't see why they wouldn't have interest in Anderson. Not like any of those prospects cannot be moved to another position.

Again, just spit-balling so to speak. This is by no means something I am counting on. Just some random day dreaming on a winter night.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
What would it take to get Dickerson or Blackmon? Is there any word on their specific market?

The media is strange on this -- IMO, both of those guys should cost more to acquire than CarGo. And I feel like the teams would feel the same way.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
The media is strange on this -- IMO, both of those guys should cost more to acquire than CarGo. And I feel like the teams would feel the same way.

Totally agree. Both are younger and more controllable contract-wise. I know Dickerson was hurt for a part of last year, but I believe he has the best contract of all 3. Gonzo is an injury risk that I'm not willing to take, not to mention what the return on him would be. I would love one of those 2 young guys this season, but assume it would take one of Anderson or Fulmer to get it done.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 4m4 minutes ago

Sources: #Tigers among teams talking to #Rockies, who have surplus of LH hitting outfielders. Precise target for DET unclear; no deal close.

Get one of them Tigers, please. Preferably CarGo.