Jason Heyward to Cubs (8 yrs 184M)

GGajewski18

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny that Witenmeyer is the guy reporting this. A year ago he was crying how bleak it was for the Cubs, especially financially. That the banks told Ricketts to sell. Now, they are spending wildly. There are no excuses now. The greatest players, the greatest manager, Theo....it will be sweet when it all falls apart.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
It is funny that Witenmeyer is the guy reporting this. A year ago he was crying how bleak it was for the Cubs, especially financially. That the banks told Ricketts to sell. Now, they are spending wildly. There are no excuses now. The greatest players, the greatest manager, Theo....it will be sweet when it all falls apart.

Hard to believe they dont win a world series in the near future. If they dont though for some reason, I dont think their fanbase will ever come back from that.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
And the only thing we've done is sign 2 catchers and Brett Lawrie. We're doomed. Next year is going to be so bad.

We're all gonna die.

Where did I say any of that?

I was alluding to the 3 teams in the running for him as I said the previous day.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
And the only thing we've done is sign 2 catchers and Brett Lawrie. We're doomed. Next year is going to be so bad.

We're all gonna die.

Cubs winning the World Series would put the sox pretty close to their death bed if they stay bad.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
Where did I say any of that?

I was alluding to the 3 teams in the running for him as I said the previous day.

either way, many teams are going to wait to see what heyward does and then, imo there will be a next wave of movement. now whether the sox will be in that group or not, who knows.