Jason Heyward to Cubs (8 yrs 184M)

GGajewski18

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Where did I say any of that?

I was alluding to the 3 teams in the running for him as I said the previous day.

No I'm not mocking you. I'm saying that myself. We're going to be hurting next year if things stay the same because the cubs are going to take over Chicago even more. Who's other than us is going to want to go see the White Sox? There will be even lower attendance, which means lower money available for payroll, which means no significant free agent signings even with LaRoche and Danks falling off. We'll have to go to war with what we already have in house, and against the cubs that won't be good enough for the casual baseball fans in Chicago.

We're doomed.

(I know this is hyperbolic, but still...)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
It amazes me the value Soler seems to have around the league. He isn't much of an upgrade from Avi, and supposedly can't hit breaking pitches at all.

Both Baez and Soler really shouldnt garner any interest in front of the line starter packages. But somehow they do.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
I'm not that upset over this honestly.

Yeah, his defense is great but he has only 15 homer power. That's not worth $200 million in my mind.

Elite defense, real good speed, solid bat, good walk rate, great K rate and the power potential is there as he enters his age 26 season. Plus without knowing the details, there's a chance this ends up being something like a 4 year, 80M-90M deal with the Cubs getting his full prime.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
Cubs winning the World Series would put the sox pretty close to their death bed if they stay bad.

Especially if they go on a Yankees - like run and string together a bunch of World Series titles with a 6 - 10 year period. They will own this town. The White Sox will feel like the Schaumburg Boomers or the Kane County Cougars to casual baseball fans here. Soxtalk will be able to have a meet and greet anytime we want at a game for about $2 a ticket because we will be the only ones still going. I feel like Private Hudson in Aliens... "Game over, man... game over".

We're all gonna die.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
They'll sign Alex Gordon now and a pitcher and still win 90 games.

I dont think they want to win 90 games and then get kicked right out of the playoffs. They were incredibly weak entering the playoffs.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Twitter rumors of 31.5 aav. I'm at peace with this if that becomes true.

The only way i'm doing that is if there's only 3 or maybe 4 guaranteed years on the deal. Even then it's gonna be tough to get surplus value out of that contract.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Also had horrible luck with injuries.

Well their depth was sad and their hitting was terrible. Heyward was the only power/reliable offensive player they had on the team entering the playoffs.