Strap on those skates kiddies.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

As we get ready to go into Minnesota (visions of Mike Ditka roller skating down the hallways in the late 80's come to mind big time here) I'm not so optimistic as to think we can sweep them, but I think we can get 2 of three with a great effort.  Your thoughts?

We need at least 2 out of 3. Anything less, and it's over.

As we get ready to go into Minnesota (visions of Mike Ditka roller skating down the hallways in the late 80's come to mind big time here) I'm not so optimistic as to think we can sweep them, but I think we can get 2 of three with a great effort.  Your thoughts?

With the pitching matchups, 2 of 3 should be the minimum we accept, although i feel a sweep is needed.

Allright thanks. BTW, do you think pitchers are affected by long rest days. With Garland going wednesday, thats 7 days off, does that come into play at all??? good or bad?

Depends on the pitcher and his personal situation. IN general, especially at this time of year, I would think that likely it should benefit the pitcher in most cases.

Depends on the pitcher and his personal situation.  IN general, especially at this time of year, I would think that likely it should benefit the pitcher in most cases.

I think it should help more this time of year. Early in the year you hate to skip because guys are still rusty. Right now the rest is huge.

The Sox are playing inspired ball. I think we can sweep the twins. Remember we swept the Royals in KC when the bats all came alive at the same time. It can be done, if we can get these guys concentrated on producing as a team.

I agree. Game two is HUGE. Knock on wood, but i like our chances in game 1 and 3. Just like last twin series, we need to win the game that looks difficult, and game 2 is thar game.

We can still win if we go 1-2 but we'll have to hope that

A. The Tigers play soem ball

B. KC lays exhales deeply and rolls over

C. Both

2-1 would be nice.

2-1 keeps us in it but 3-0 puts us in the drivers seat. We need to show some killer instinct.

Remember the Kansas City series at Kauffman, the Yankee series in New York, and even the beginning of the Mariner series in Seattle?

This team can play on the road, and I fully expect them to take 2 out of 3, or sweep.

Why are they switching Garland and Loaiza.  that would put Loaiza on 5 and Jon on 7.

You do not want Garland anchoring this all-important series. Loaiza's been solid all year, safe a few outings. He's constantly brought his 'A' game to the table, and could bring a huge momentum shift in our favor for the rest of the series if he blindsights the Twins.

Just thought I'd get this out there.

As a point of interest, had the Twins lost tonight, and we then (hypothetically) swept them, we would have been 3.5 up with 10 games(9 for them) left. Say we then win our 1st of those 10 games....we are 4 up. We could have gone 5-4 and still tied for the division title, and just the opposite is true.

If there is a sweep in this series, the team that is swept can pretty much kiss their season goodbye.

Guest hotsoxchick1
2 of 3 is absolutely NECESSARY!!!!!

so is bringing the small ball game..... in that place its gonna be the only thing that works for gettin runs up on the board.....if we dont take at least 2 of the 3 were pretty much screwed.... i dont like to have to face new york at this time in the season.. its usually when they pour it on.....and if you dont think they will be coming into our house with a vengance after the ass kicking we gave them at their home :o .....im sure king george will pay heafty bonuses for high scores in our series....hes gotta save face ya know.... ;) we have got to kick minnysoda and kick em good if we are going to advance.....

We can still win if we go 1-2 but we'll have to hope that

A. The Tigers play soem ball

B. KC lays exhales deeply and rolls over

C. Both

2-1 would be nice.

2-1 keeps us in it but 3-0 puts us in the drivers seat. We need to show some killer instinct.

Hopefully the Sox were watching tonights game, and saw A.J. the baby and Torii the b**** play it rough with a bunch of AAA kids.

Hopefully that will get them motivated to kick their ass.

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
your right about the small ball. And for some reason, i think Carl is going to have a huge series. Just watch.

well considering he and robbie are about the only ones who know what the hell small ball is.. i hope they can teach the rest of the "go for the fence sluggers" how to do it before tomorrow nites game......