Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
Heyman also made it sound like Boras is really pushing Davis to other teams. He mentioned the Tigers and Nationals as possibilities

Hope he goes to the Tigers, it'd be fun finding 3 DH spots for Miggy/Vmart/Davis

As time goes on and more rumors surface, the White Sox stance makes much more sense. The Sox know there's realistically less than a handful of teams that can pony up the money or have the need for players such as Cespedes/ Upton and that there are also numerous options available on the trade market. IMHO, Hahn is playing this perfect. I know the waiting game really sucks but I think when all is said and done, most Sox fans will be happy with what Hahn pulls off. Even if its not Cespedes or Upton. We as fans need to keep in mind that we really don't know the discussions Hahn is having in the FA/trade markets so all we can do is trust that Hahn will add a solid upgrade to the OF.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)
As time goes on and more rumors surface, the White Sox stance makes much more sense. The Sox know there's realistically less than a handful of teams that can pony up the money or have the need for players such as Cespedes/ Upton and that there are also numerous options available on the trade market. IMHO, Hahn is playing this perfect. I know the waiting game really sucks but I think when all is said and done, most Sox fans will be happy with what Hahn pulls off. Even if its not Cespedes or Upton. We as fans need to keep in mind that we really don't know the discussions Hahn is having in the FA/trade markets so all we can do is trust that Hahn will add a solid upgrade to the OF.

He's playing the market perfectly or so it seems. Kudos to Hahn, I love the fact he's the polar opposite of KW and has patience when trying to make deals - even if it causes us to go out of our minds for waiting around.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
He's playing the market perfectly or so it seems. Kudos to Hahn, I love the fact he's the polar opposite of KW and has patience when trying to make deals - even if it causes us to go out of our minds for waiting around.

Agreed. Hahn is doing the right thing and lets not forget what he said after the winter meetings, they have many irons in the fire. Seeing how the outfield market has opened up so much, Heyward was smart signing early. I'm amazed at the amount of outfielders available through FA and trades now. Imo, the OF trade market is kind of hurting free agents like Cespedes and Upton. Plus, it helps when big spenders like Boston, NYY and Dodgers are out of the loop.

Well, we know what happened with the White Sox, Padres and Red Sox last year...

The question is which GM's aren't playing the market well?

A lot will argue the Cards for overpaying Leake and "losing" Heyward, the Dodgers, maybe the Jays for overpaying on their starting pitching. Are the DBacks and Cubs early winners of the offseason or fools?

For example, the Twins haven't been mentioned once. Or the Indians, who have been rumored to be dangling Carrasco, Salazar and perhaps Bauer on the market...are the Rockies being too patient not trading one of their outfielders?

Are the Orioles going to end up with neither Davis nor Upton/Cespedes and really frustrate their fans?

Edited by caulfield12

Never really considered Washington much of a threat but the good news is they are a zero threat now.

Horrible year to be a FA outfielder ( excluding Heyward). Too many sellers, not enough buyers, too many rebuilding teams, too many teams pushing their payroll limits and other teams simply don't need an outfielder. It's a great time for the Sox to be buyers though! :D

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)

Bingo. Rick Hahn is a helluva poker player.

With all the movement this week on the OF front I wouldn't be surprised if teams had an idea where some of the big names may be signing and that's why you are starting to see teams move on to other players. I wouldn't be suprised to hear something concrete on YO this weekend or early next week. It seems like the market has played into our hands now is the time RH has to close.