Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
Sources: Cespedes believed to be weighing 5/$90m w/possible option offer from O's vs. one-year deal with Mets and become a free agent again.

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/...062113365889024

...and this pretty much means the Sox are out. Damn.

It's not like it was unexpected, but it sucks nonetheless.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
The question i have is what have the Sox been doing this whole time. The need to upgrade a outfield spot and a bunch of second tier OF with not QO attached been signed and yet the Sox seem to haven't been doing anything. No rumors or anything for a couple weeks now.

When the Sox are quiet is usually when they are doing something. Expect something soon.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
...and this pretty much means the Sox are out. Damn.

It's not like it was unexpected, but it sucks nonetheless.

Still time for a team to throw a hail mary and make a last second chance to up the ante. I'm not saying I'm confident it'll happen, but until he either signs with another team or the Sox say that they're completely out and moving on...it ain't over 'til it's over!

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
Brittany Ghiroli:

"Source: Cespedes deal could include an option year beyond guaranteed five years. Hitter-friendly Camden Yards is appealing for him."

"Orioles seem serious, esp if they add that option. Nothing is imminent, but Cespedes is at least considering the offer."

5 years and $90 million is below market value. That'd be a good deal for the signing team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Rabbit had a big rumor yesterday, it's just not what people wanted to hear

Exactly. If you follow him close enough, you can usually get a little bit of a jump on what the Sox are doing.

Dude has been nails all offseason.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
What did he tweet?

Sources: Cespedes believed to be weighing 5/$90m w/possible option offer from O's vs. one-year deal with Mets and become a free agent again.

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/...062113365889024

So I dont know what the hell Rick Hahn is doing. But passing up on either deal is rather silly.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
@BNightengale If Yoenis Cespedes would take 1- 2- or 3-year deal, the #WhiteSox also would be an alternative for the FA outfielder.

The three year thing again. Joy. How I missed being reminded that the Sox won't go beyond that magic number.