Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
This is all types of wrong.

They drafted Jordan. He didn't sign. They traded for John. Re-drafted Jordan. Signed John to an extension because he was a good pitcher at the time.

and there is where i got the first names wrong, but the danks story was right.

it still goes to the loyalty of JR.

I'm determined to be a Scroogey, angry Sox fan regardless. If they sign Cespedes I'll be happy for a few minutes. But then I'll say "I'm going to hate this in 3-4 years" and also I'll just move my anger to a different place on the diamond. Now we won't lose games watching Avi strike out, we'll just lose them watching Erik Johnson serve up 8 runs when we score 5.

This is the Sox fan I have been, and always will be.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
There's no vacuum.

This is the going rate for free agents.

Why is it shocking? Didn't we experience it firsthand last offseason?

Look at those ridiculous pitching contracts.

You don't develop your own players and have a borderline third quartile payroll and bottom quartile farm system, it's not the best situation to extricate yourself from...where most spending and trading becomes counterproductive but standing pat like a shark that stops swimming and floats to the bottom.

Nor is it your best interest to overpay for mediocre ball players. Hence why I am not torn apart of the Sox miss out on Yo. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him, but they can compete without him, and it will likely be a bad contract before long.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
ahhh yet another attempt by you to make yourself look ummmm well you can fill in that for yourself.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/danksjo02.shtml

This is the link you should be posting:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/danksjo01.shtml

This is who we were talking about.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)
ahhh yet another attempt by you to make yourself look ummmm well you can fill in that for yourself.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/danksjo02.shtml

You seem like a great guy and all, but he's got a point. Most of your posts are nearly impossible to decipher, and the ones that are decipherable are usually little one liners or agreeing with someone. And I often wonder by reading your posts if you even watch any baseball or just post about it. Guessing we're not in the minority on the board either. Again, you seem like a great guy and all and I am sure we'd get along wonderfully over a beer watching a Sox game, but your posts often just muddy the water.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
You seem like a great guy and all, but he's got a point. Most of your posts are nearly impossible to decipher, and the ones that are decipherable are usually little one liners or agreeing with someone. And I often wonder by reading your posts if you even watch any baseball or just post about it. Guessing we're not in the minority on the board either. Again, you seem like a great guy and all and I am sure we'd get along wonderfully over a beer watching a Sox game, but your posts often just muddy the water.

i make plenty of post, that are more than one liner as you said. but i have said and in many posts, my english skill are very weak. so.... with ref to some posters who likes to lay in wait for a chance to attack.... i get defensive.... there is a history there on his side.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
337 pages of chasing the Cespedes dragon. Come on Hahn, give Sox fans their fix or they will light the torches, hit up Google maps on their cell phones and storm Castle US Cellular! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! :bang

To defend the castle, the Sox will play a baseball game, thereby driving the fans away.

This contract is a bad contract the minute he signs it.

You can either spend money there or on scouting and draft/international players with value.

The fact Avasail Garcia is terrible at baseball is what is killing the White Sox. This as well as a neglect of prospect resources is where the White Sox have failed miserably over the recent years.

A replacement level RF is what they need.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)

You can either spend money there or on scouting and draft/international players with value.

The fact Avasail Garcia is terrible at baseball is what is killing the White Sox. This as well as a neglect of prospect resources is where the White Sox have failed miserably over the recent years.

Yep, Avi and Davidson being busts has killed the resources.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
i make plenty of post, that are more than one liner as you said. but i have said and in many posts, my english skill are very weak. so....

Understood. Again, wasn't trying to attack you. Just noting that this isn't just a one poster vendetta against you.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)

They struck out on Davidson and Avi, and you are seeing the price you pay when you don't have a farm that can cover mistakes. If we have starters in RF/3b, this is a very different offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
Yep, Avi and Davidson being busts has killed the resources.

but wouldn't you include the laroche contract as the catalyst of not wanting to waste money, until the contracts comes off the books???

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
We'll call it a day at the end of the season too.......in fourth place.

Still need an additional power bat somewhere

I gave up my season tickets a few years ago because I was sick of watching the Sox lose and make a pile of $$$.I was hoping to reup but I don`t see any reason too.I`ll keep my money and won`t even think about baseball.I hope they surprise me and add another quality bat to the lineup but if not they won`t get my $$$$.I would love nothing more than have this post be wrong and find out they got Y C.I would actually say something nice about White Sox F O...

People are making excuses for the FO already.Saying they need to save their money for Abreau and Sales but its gonna be the same thing because you need a team to win and Abreau and Sale would need help and Mr Fiscally Responsible is never gonna spend enough to win.

The worse part is he should be developing his Farm system ala Royals.That`s how you can stay out of the FA spending Game by developing young players but he`s not doing that either. Shrek needs commit to the young guys or commit to FA,pick a lane...I wish he would sell the team The Old Shrek looking owner needs to move on...

not signing Cespedes might be the best move we make at least on a long term deal. I know over the 337 some pages of posts we have mentioned his friendship with Abreu a few times, and maybe Jose could have a positive influence on Cespedes, but in the end it's all about the money. I kind of think lower prices free agents might be better for out team. Desmond and Jackson or Fowler might be better additions. I would be happy with Cespedes in a Sox uniform on a fair contract, but I won't cry if he isn't with us. Kind of interesting though that the team management is pretty tight lipped about things where it appears there is all kinds of info leaked out to analysts by other teams on their efforts. In our case it's all about how close of a relationship Abreu and Cespedes might have