Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
Nothing of quality to offer up, just the usual weak attempt to deflect any criticism of the crack management team of the Sox? Well color me SHOCKED! So unlike you.

Your posts are always premium content and one of the reasons I visit this site.

His posts (probably all 127,000 of them) are usually post-inflating garbage with little to offer. I've never seen a post from him and thought "well he put some effort, thought, and analysis into that."

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
Allowing Ventura another year as manager is enough to get me to question ownership/management. Also waiting for Hahn to start producing a quality team.

I can see the direction Hahn is taking. He's incredibly patient, and that is driving a lot of fans nuts. Better he be in his job than many of us.

Breathe, people.

As for Ventura, can't argue with that.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
There is no way that the White Sox are offering Cespedes $27M per season, even on a shorter term deal. No way.

No Kidding...... Just stating that the pervious post would sound more believable at that price tag than what he stated...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
I can see the direction Hahn is taking. He's incredibly patient, and that is driving a lot of fans nuts. Better he be in his job than many of us.

Breathe, people.

I mean they can only be patient for so long. Pressure is mounting now. 1 premium player left on the table and a division rival got better. Apparently now the media is starting to jump onboard with the fans.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
Still would rather have Desmond and Jackson

I would take the combo of the two if you are forcing my hand over Avi but if I'm serious about contending you can't let cespedes slip to someone else, not with upton going to Detroit now

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)

Breathe, people.

What exactly has Hahn done to deserve that type of trust?

They rebuild for 1 year, go for it the next & half-ass it this year. I see no reason to have any trust for a front office who continuously fails it's fans.

The two moves on their own were good but you don't trade 2/3 top 10 prospects in your system & now look at this roster & say "we can compete". I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, this team has no direction right now.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
What exactly has Hahn done to deserve that type of trust?

They rebuild for 1 year, go for it the next & half-ass it this year. I see no reason to have any trust for a front office who continuously fails it's fans.

The two moves on their own were good but you don't trade 2/3 top 10 prospects in your system & now look at this roster & say "we can compete". I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned, this team has no direction right now.

There will be more moves made I think, unless the deadline is tonight. They have half assed it plenty of times, but I still think this year will be different.

It's just really difficult to see our division rivals racking up two of the three big guys we were supposedly "interested" in at some point. Now there's one left of the three and there hasn't really been anything solid to indicate he could end up with us. All we hear about is the dreadful 3 years or less. Can't blame people for being anxious and impatient

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)

Breathe, people.

I agree. People complain about not building a consistent winner but then want them to sign long term deals that willbe awful in 3-4 years. Pick a lane. I prefer the patient uild the team through prudent trades and drafts.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
Your posts are always premium content and one of the reasons I visit this site.

His posts (probably all 127,000 of them) are usually post-inflating garbage with little to offer. I've never seen a post from him and thought "well he put some effort, thought, and analysis into that."

Well thank you, nice of you to say. Mine is just one of many different yet spirited opinions on this site, which is what makes it so enjoyable to come and visit here. And even though SS2K5 pecks at me like a woodpecker on a tree on a few topics where we don't agree, he contributes a ton more to the experience at Soxtalk than I ever will, so don't lose sight of that. Just pray he doesn't ban me one of these days!!

:D

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
I agree. People complain about not building a consistent winner but then want them to sign long term deals that willbe awful in 3-4 years. Pick a lane. I prefer the patient uild the team through prudent trades and drafts.

Great. Be patient. Trade Sale,Q and Abreu. That'll require ultimate patience going through multiple years of losing and waiting for prospects.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
Joel Sherman and Heyman tweeting a lot about how good of a fit Cespedes would be on the Angels. Sherman has been on top of things this offseason.

But but but... He's a better fit for the Sox, right? :unsure:

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)

Pick a lane? How does trading away prospects for 2 players with 2 years of control & standing pat after that make any sort of sense?

You either go for it or you rebuild. You don't half ass things & come in at or under .500 each year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
Joel Sherman and Heyman tweeting a lot about how good of a fit Cespedes would be on the Angels. Sherman has been on top of things this offseason.

Ofcourse he's a good fit. He's a good fit for alot of teams. But the Angels said recently that they werent going to give out a contract like that. Seems to be suggested that they are a little spooked about those deals after the Josh Hamilton incident and Pujols.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:17 PM)
Great. Be patient. Trade Sale,Q and Abreu. That'll require ultimate patience going through multiple years of losing and waiting for prospects.

That would be an option. However, I wouldn't trade a number 1 starter unless they near the end of the deal and are sure he won't re-sign. They can't go for it every year and field a consistent winner.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
Ofcourse he's a good fit. He's a good fit for alot of teams. But the Angels said recently that they werent going to give out a contract like that. Seems to be suggested that they are a little spooked about those deals after the Josh Hamilton incident and Pujols.

There was also a lot of talk that Detroit & KC wouldn't either & here we are.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
Pick a lane? How does trading away prospects for 2 players with 2 years of control & standing pat after that make any sort of sense?

You either go for it or you rebuild. You don't half ass things & come in at or under .500 each year.

Why does the Tigers signing Upton end the offseason for the White Sox? We have known the White Sox weren't going to sign Upton for a while?