Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

The Nationals have as much payroll flexibility as any teams that could be pursuing Cespedes. Their payroll, as it stands, is about $30 million less than it was at season’s end. Adding a contract worth more than $20 million annually — Upton got $22.125 — could still leave them with a comparable or smaller payroll than they had last October. Plus, Cespedes did not reject a qualifying offer from the Mets, and therefore will not cost the team that signs him a draft pick n

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationa...s-end-up-in-dc/

Just to add some fuel to the fire!

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
If the Sox do sign Cespedes, I want it to be in the next ~25 minutes so my friend and I can celebrate in study hall together.

Ah Study Hall...the best part of High School. Good times.

Should Mets sell high on Granderson and re-sign Cespedes

Specifically, I’m asking why the Mets haven’t explored trading Granderson. Last year, Granderson hit .259/.364/.457 with 26 homers and 70 RBI from the leadoff spot. He was a finalist for the Gold Glove in right field. On a team where everyone was dropping like flies, he played 157 games, and really, he was the only credible major league bat in the lineup for far too many stretches of time. His 5.1 WAR ranked him as a top five right fielder in all of baseball last year. He has a reasonable two years $31 million remaining on his contract. One way of looking at this is saying he’s too valuable to be traded.

http://metsmerizedonline.com/2016/01/shoul...-cespedes.html/

More fuel for the fire.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
Ok, something is officially up.

Brian Bilek

‏@ChiSoxraBBit

To those asking: I can't even get a respond to a text or email. Take that how you want. #WhiteSox

Toilet paper, prepared.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
man i have been dealing with some hou fans at breakfast..... down here in LA. and just to piss me off, they have been giving me crap about the freaking northside. :angry: :fight

oh how i hope the sox pulls this off.

I'm going to say Houston fans have nothing to taunt the Sox about

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
He's Sticking to it:

@cronebender I'm aware of people's issues but I don't see what I did wrong. It's true. Report will come out soon. Just watch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JakeBauer21/stat...855725254922240

About the same as that guy who said it was a 6 year contract a couple weeks back. Then said the issue was the Sox would only go 5.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
I'm going to say Houston fans have nothing to taunt the Sox about

down here there is no baseball except for LSU so they follow Hou.... yesterday and today the bs talk of hou being in play or something.

these guys really don't know what it is to being a sox fans......

it is all in the attitude.

Brian Bilek

‏@ChiSoxraBBit

To those asking: I can't even get a respond to a text or email. Take that how you want. #WhiteSox

I'm taking it as the Cespedes saga is over, but not taking it as necessarily being in favor of the Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
About the same as that guy who said it was a 6 year contract a couple weeks back. Then said the issue was the Sox would only go 5.

What I find weird is he was tweeting about Cespedes and the Sox being a match on a 3-4 year deal with an opt out 4 days ago.

Now Bowden says Cespedes is close & the Sox are a finalist & he tweets it's done.

I could be 100% wrong but seems like a complete guess with the pieces that the media has given everyone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)
So sell high on Granderson, and buy even higher on Cespedes. I like the way these guys think.

Not saying it would actually happen but it does make sense. The Mets could get a decent package for Granderson and Cespedes is over four years younger than Granderson. If the Mets were to actually do something like this, overall they would only be adding roughly 6M more per year to the payroll. That's not much at all, even for a team that claims they are in debt.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)

Brian Bilek

‏@ChiSoxraBBit

How are you taking that dude? Because that can easily go either way. LOL

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
Not saying it would actually happen but it does make sense. The Mets could get a decent package for Granderson and Cespedes is over four years younger than Granderson. If the Mets were to actually do something like this, overall they would only be adding roughly 6M more per year to the payroll. That's not much at all, even for a team that claims they are in debt.

i got to give you credit.... very creative way of making it work.