Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

I was very supportive of Alexei coming back, I think mentally he will have a big bounce back after visiting Cuba. But I would like to take the time to give a young player like Tyler a chance. I'm 80% sure it will backfire, but it's better than if a vet is terrible. I'd take alexei on a one year deal

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
One thing I read about Saladino that may surprise people is according to Bill James, his time to 2nd base on steal attempts is only eclipsed by 3 players...a guy named Noel who basically is a minor leaguer, Billy Hamilton, and Dyson. Maybe he can become an elite basestealer.

I didn't know that. Nice find.

I don't think we will need to worry about Saladino as long as everyone else hits like they should. He'd be fine in number 9 spot as long as he's playing solid D.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Rosenthal was on high heat on MLBN. Just reiterated what he said this morning. Expects us to add Gordon or Cespedes and that we will be adding an OF

Thanks for the update. Now I'll be checking the computer/phone every 5 seconds!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
As long as this has drug out, I don't think it would be big. Maybe $3 to $5 million.

I meant a big deal with one of the OF'ers, plus Alexei. Not sure what his price tag is at this point. Payroll won't be cheap IF they sign one of those OF'ers.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
One thing I read about Saladino that may surprise people is according to Bill James, his time to 2nd base on steal attempts is only eclipsed by 3 players...a guy named Noel who basically is a minor leaguer, Billy Hamilton, and Dyson. Maybe he can become an elite basestealer.

an elite base stealer on this team would be a nice add. I'd like to see Saladino at SS to open the season.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 3m3 minutes ago Chicago, IL

The White Sox are looking for an outfield addition, regardless of whether it's Cespedes, Gordon, or Upton. If they miss on those 3, ...

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL

... I still think they pursue another outfielder to add to the mix.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)

The White Sox are looking for an outfield addition, regardless of whether it's Cespedes, Gordon, or Upton. If they miss on those 3, ...

So either get really excited because we're about to land a top 3 prize...or get ready for the 'we tried but' consolation prize. I really hope that 2nd post isn't Merkin thinking we're about to whiff on the big guys...

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
So either get really excited because we're about to land a top 3 prize...or get ready for the 'we tried but' consolation prize. I really hope that 2nd post isn't Merkin thinking we're about to whiff on the big guys...

Merkin just now saying that Sox are going after one of the big 3. We've known that for about a month. He knows nothing other than the obvious.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)

Damn Mets grabbed DeAza before Hahn could pull the trigger.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
Merkin just now saying that Sox are going after one of the big 3. We've known that for about a month. He knows nothing other than the obvious.

I could be wrong but when guys like him get in on it it means its close enough to happening that he is sure to not be wrong. Or he was given the ok from the team to put that out there.......iono anymore.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Just saying stay away from the fake Ken Rosenthal twitter account

Every time those fake accounts start saying the same thing, the signing usually happens. lol. It's so weird but it's a trend I've noticed lately.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Every time those fake accounts start saying the same thing, the signing usually happens. lol. It's so weird but it's a trend I've noticed lately.

I'd guess it's because they usually tweet realistic "signings" based on current rumors

Ya know, I'm really disappointed in Hahn for this deal with Cespedes not being done yet and I don't think Hahn cares about what the Sox fans want. It's all about the team orientated bulls***. I mean, WTF Hahn, there's still two months left before pitchers and catchers report! What are you waiting for Hahn? No cajones I tell you, none. They probably turned blue, fell off and now reside in a squirrel's nest somewhere feeding their young. GAWD!