Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
Just putting it in perspective...kind of pathetic that we're going to be fortunate to come out of this with Austin Jackson after all the hype and build-up.

According to Harrelson, the presence of Frazier in the line-up alone will make Avi a 30-30 threat again.

Put down the scotch Hawk.

How the hell does a thread about a possible Cespedes signing morph into a thread about Forbes team value evaluations? And what's this nonsense about combining the Bulls and Sox values? For the umpteenth time, the Bulls and Sox are two different entities with two different ownership groups. Their values and finances have nothing to do with each other.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
Put down the scotch Hawk.

lol, says the guy with three consecutive posts

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
How the hell does a thread about a possible Cespedes signing morph into a thread about Forbes team value evaluations? And what's this nonsense about combining the Bulls and Sox values? For the umpteenth time, the Bulls and Sox are two different entities with two different ownership groups. Their values and finances have nothing to do with each other.

CF12-ed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:16 AM)
lol, says the guy with three consecutive posts

CF12-ed

Can I trademark that?

Because the White Sox are skinflints/JR is cheap/franchise is doomed and Nero is playing his fiddle storyline is more fun to banter about than convincing ourselves how great an addition Dexter Fowler will be and how we've gotten temporary amnesia about rebuilding the farm system.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:13 AM)
I just have a hard time thinking the sox are a finalist only offering 3 years. I could see the mets because they were just in the World Series.

Unless the Sox are offering a 3-year deal with options for more, I would agree that it's looking grim. There was a ton of anticipation yesterday, and I really thought a deal was imminent. Now I'm back to how I felt the day before: It's not likely. Time to move on.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
I just have a hard time thinking the sox are a finalist only offering 3 years. I could see the mets because they were just in the World Series.

i am just wondering, i am not ranting, starting an argument or instigating anything. i am wondering if this was just posturing from the sox so they can go to soxfest and say, well we tried and we couldn't get it done, but we did try.

3 yr contract.....

now on a side note, i have always been indifferent on the sox getting one of the top 3 of'ers. it would have been nice. but my opinion was they will never pony up the cash to get it done.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
i am just wondering, i am not ranting, starting an argument or instigating anything. i am wondering if this was just posturing from the sox so they can go to soxfest and say, well we tried and we couldn't get it done, but we did try.

3 yr contract.....

now on a side note, i have always been indifferent on the sox getting one of the top 3 of'ers. it would have been nice. but my opinion was they will never pony up the cash to get it done.

I think Hahn is smart enough to know that "hey sorry fans we tried!" won't fly. They're overdue to give out their first $100 million contract.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:34 AM)
They aren't only offering 3 years. Why do people keep believing this?

I didn't say I believed it. I just said I had a hard time believing IF they offered that.

I think the Sox are at 4 years and he wants 6.

Edited by SouthSideSale

Anything to pad the post counts with the hopes of one day getting my own personalized comment like Fathom and Greg got. That whole third base coach moniker is kind of lame.

I have a suggestion. "Lowest cumulative star rating of top all-time posters." Kind of like the best shi---est bar lifetime achievement award...well, close to a decade at least.

Least favorite poster of Dick Allen, Kyle and Northside would be cool, too.

Buddy of The Ultimate Champion and nemesis of Marty34...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:35 AM)
I didn't say I believed it. I just said I had a hard time believing IF they offered that.

I think the Sox are at 4 years and he wants 6.

And that's fine. I just don't know why it keeps getting mentioned. It's a negotiation tactic. The White Sox know that they can't get Cespedes on a 3 year deal. There's absolutely no reason to keep regurgitating it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:27 AM)
SoxFest will be SnoozeFest at this point, unfortunately.

Frazier will get some coverage, and that will be about it....along with Benetti/Stone. They seem to be hitting it off well.

Are you kidding me? Soxfest will be a murderfest if no one else signs. I'll bet that it will get more attention if nothing is done than if they sign cespedes. Already the score morning show is saying how bad they will be for settling for second teir acquisitions. The score will stir up the fanbase about how much better the cubs will be and what the sox shouls hafe done.

Why has Reinsdorf never purchased his own radio station for that very reason...?

Just curious.

This is starting to make sense...free advertising. All the media jumping on the case of JR, Hahn and KW was the main strategy of planting all the Sox rumors from the beginning and now backtracking...all publicity (especially free) is good publicity!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 05:12 AM)
Just putting it in perspective...kind of pathetic that we're going to be fortunate to come out of this with Austin Jackson after all the hype and build-up.

According to Harrelson, the presence of Frazier in the line-up alone will make Avi a 30-30 threat again.

Hawk never said that . He said it would take " a lot of heat " off Avi. Why do people make things up ?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:21 AM)
Can I trademark that?

Because the White Sox are skinflints/JR is cheap/franchise is doomed and Nero is playing his fiddle storyline is more fun to banter about than convincing ourselves how great an addition Dexter Fowler will be and how we've gotten temporary amnesia about rebuilding the farm system.

Sox sign Cespedes...possible WS team.

Sox sign Fowler, probably the worst team in the division. Will lose at least 90 games.

Sometimes if you look at it actually written out, you MAY see how silly it really is.

Shawn Abner, Luis Alvarado, Mike Andrews, Ed Herrmann.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
Sox sign Cespedes...possible WS team.

Sox sign Fowler, probably the worst team in the division. Will lose at least 90 games.

Sometimes if you look at it actually written out, you MAY see how silly it really is.

Shawn Abner, Luis Alvarado, Mike Andrews, Ed Herrmann.

I'll quote Cali.

You can have $1.6 billion if you can pull the quote where I ever stated/claimed/asserted signing Dexter Fowler equals 90 losses?

C'mon, you're supposed to be better than that.

Nobody ever said sign Cespedes for $150 million.

It was always something like $85-110 million. And yes, if signing Upton made the Tigers World Series contenders, why wouldn't signing Cespedes accomplish the same if the White Sox were the better team last season and also upgraded three other offensive positions?

Aren't we 2 games ahead of the Royals for fangraphs projections? Cespedes would put us ahead of Detroit.

Edited by caulfield12