Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
Exactly when in this current plan can fans reasonably expect to compete for the playoffs again?

This year, maybe they just don't have the money in the budget. Who knows, maybe they are also cutting down on long-term expenses to eventually sell? So much more to things than just claiming they're being cheap.

Mibelt Rodriguez ‏@MibeltRodriguez 35s36 seconds ago

Developing: The #Nats have offered a 5 years, $100-105 MM deal to OF Yoenis Cespedes. #MLB

If they've really offered that, then this should be over really soon. Nobody else is coming close to that, and I won't mind a bit that the Sox didn't.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
Sad part is Sox aren't willing to give out large contracts only puts in prospectus that the likely hood of them not keeping sale around and will probably have to end up trading him and Abreu after the 3 yr window.

The Sox will go more than 3 years for their own players. They are worth more to the team than a new player.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
Mibelt Rodriguez ‏@MibeltRodriguez 35s36 seconds ago

Developing: The #Nats have offered a 5 years, $100-105 MM deal to OF Yoenis Cespedes. #MLB

If you watch his tweets, he tweets stuff like this right after other people do.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
But the problem here is we were passed by Detroit, and still have to catch KC and Cleve...and just might be even with the Twins, who happen to have one of the better farm systems in the game again under Ryan.

That wasn't the statement. The statement was that the Sox made a clean sweep of missing all of the their targets this off season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
I'm sure we'll here "Yoenis woke up Wednesday thinking he'd be a White Sox, but the Nats blew him away with an offer"

For me it's going to be the Garcia blowing smoke conference that they are going to give. Try and convince us he's worth paying money to watch.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
The Sox will go more than 3 years for their own players. They are worth more to the team than a new player.

But can you honestly see the Sox giving out a long and enormous amount of money for their owen players. Can you see them giving out almost 30 million a year for 5 plus years for sale?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
This year, maybe they just don't have the money in the budget. Who knows, maybe they are also cutting down on long-term expenses to eventually sell? So much more to things than just claiming they're being cheap.

If they need to cut down on expenses is it close enough so they could bus it to KC, Clev. and Minn.?

Poor Cespedes is never gonna end up in a hitter's park.

I'd also like to throw it out there that I think it is very possible that the Nats are just trying to drive up the price on the Mets, but neither scenario is good news for the Sox.

Edited by GREEDY