Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
This contract is a bad contract the minute he signs it.

You can either spend money there or on scouting and draft/international players with value.

The fact Avasail Garcia is terrible at baseball is what is killing the White Sox. This as well as a neglect of prospect resources is where the White Sox have failed miserably over the recent years.

A replacement level RF is what they need.

Well said Harry! Could not agree more. At this point it's not difficult to upgrade over Avi. That's how bad Avi has been.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
Eating Chicago style deep dish in California - hoping to send some voodoo into the universe.

Whats up with that?

Someone posted on FB a couple days ago they were eating some deep dish in Cali and said it tastes like Gino's East.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
but wouldn't you include the laroche contract as the catalyst of not wanting to waste money, until the contracts comes off the books???

Off topic but, a LaRoche question. Did he or did he not have a hand injury last year? If he did can we at least hope that he could be a serviceable platoon at DH with anyone?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
If you're implying that I misinterpreted your post, you are the one who said we drafted John Danks twice.

read post #5044

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:25 PM) *

This is all types of wrong.

They drafted Jordan. He didn't sign. They traded for John. Re-drafted Jordan. Signed John to an extension because he was a good pitcher at the time.

and there is where i got the first names wrong, but the danks story was right.

it still goes to the loyalty of JR.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
Whats up with that?

Someone posted on FB a couple days ago they were eating some deep dish in Cali and said it tastes like Gino's East.

They have a Nancy's where I just moved. It's no Geno's but it's better than any other "deep dish" I've tried in Cali.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
not signing Cespedes might be the best move we make at least on a long term deal. I know over the 337 some pages of posts we have mentioned his friendship with Abreu a few times, and maybe Jose could have a positive influence on Cespedes, but in the end it's all about the money. I kind of think lower prices free agents might be better for out team. Desmond and Jackson or Fowler might be better additions. I would be happy with Cespedes in a Sox uniform on a fair contract, but I won't cry if he isn't with us. Kind of interesting though that the team management is pretty tight lipped about things where it appears there is all kinds of info leaked out to analysts by other teams on their efforts. In our case it's all about how close of a relationship Abreu and Cespedes might have

If we get to the playoffs and actually have a chance to win a WS for a couple or 3 years and they had to eat 2 years where it`s not that great,I`m all for that.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
You seem like a great guy and all, but he's got a point. Most of your posts are nearly impossible to decipher, and the ones that are decipherable are usually little one liners or agreeing with someone. And I often wonder by reading your posts if you even watch any baseball or just post about it. Guessing we're not in the minority on the board either. Again, you seem like a great guy and all and I am sure we'd get along wonderfully over a beer watching a Sox game, but your posts often just muddy the water.

You seem like a great guy and all but what a loser you are...

:huh:

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
Call me a homer but I still don't buy Cespedes to Washington.

+1

No idea why the hell this board became so negative because the Nationals submitted an offer. It's one lower than we expected except were doomed now. It honestly made me more confident as I don't think it'll be hard to beat.

So what is plan B. I would hope it would be to add a player like Jackson and another starting pitcher without giving up a pick. I know our rotation is stacked with lefties but Cliff Lee is a very intriguing option to me.

I would like to see an improved outfield defense. I hope the White Sox would think about 2017 payroll flexibility as well.

Edited by kwill

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
+1

No idea why the hell this board became so negative because the Nationals submitted an offer. It's one lower than we expected except were doomed now. It honestly made me more confident as I don't think it'll be hard to beat.

It always seems like the quiet teams that strike the deals. Tigers are always like that. White Sox have been very mum. I think Washington is in it but are being used by the national media to drive up price. Just my thoughts.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
Off topic but, a LaRoche question. Did he or did he not have a hand injury last year? If he did can we at least hope that he could be a serviceable platoon at DH with anyone?

you may have a point there.

then why did they try to trade him while purposing eating a big chunk of his salary.... if the hand injury was there.

the other sp who was talked up and he failed.... palino or something like that... i can't find the real name on baseball ref but he was sent to the minors and later on the IR for the whole yr... on a injury.

when excuses are made, i just don't believe it .... if it is all lip service.

it is just me.