Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

You guys remember the feeling you had when the Bulls were trying to sign a FA (both times) and had the money but just could not get them to come here for whatever reason? As a fan you kind of had that feeling that is what was happening even though we heard they had mutual interest in a lot of cases. In the end it didn't turn out too well.

I kind of get that same feeling with big FA's the Sox are targeting right now.

I could be totally wrong, I know.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
You guys remember the feeling you had when the Bulls were trying to sign a FA (both times) and had the money but just could not get them to come here for whatever reason? As a fan you kind of had that feeling that is what was happening even though we heard they had mutual interest in a lot of cases. In the end it didn't turn out too well.

Don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby!

I was just talking to another sox fan last night about this feeling. It's definitely a roller coaster ride, just want it to be over regardless if we land one of the big 3 or not

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)

During the 2009 NBA offseason, I put LeBron on the Bulls in NBA 2K and we didn't get him.

During the 2014 NBA offseason, I put Melo on the Bulls in NBA 2K and we didn't get him.

During the 2015 MLB offseason, I will not put Cespedes on the White Sox in MLB The Show. You're welcome, everyone.

But Southpaw hasn't met Cespedes at the airport yet!

Except the White Sox can actually close a deal.

To be more optimistic, when we didn't get LeBron, Rose came out the very next season and won MVP, seemingly out of nowhere.

When we didn't get Melo, Butler came out the very next season and matched his elite defense with efficient, improved offense, seemingly out of nowhere.

If we do fail to land Cespedes/Gordon/Upton and end up with the consolation prize- a Carlos Boozer, if you will- perhaps another player on the Sox will step up with unforeseen improved production.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
Except the White Sox can actually close a deal.

It wasnt really a not being able to close thing with those Bulls though, was it? From what I remember it was just guys liking to be wined and dined and use the Bulls as leverage.

If these guys only intent are to use the Sox as leverage that is really going to suck.

It seems like if they wanted to be here they would have been here by now but I could just be going crazy from the wait.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
Man... After last night I really thought this might have wrapped up today, especially because it's a Wednesday. But today has been boring, this really has been a weird market. This really may go another week or so.

Productivity is already at zero. Gurrrrrr.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
It wasnt really a not being able to close thing with those Bulls though, was it? From what I remember it was just guys liking to be wined and dined and use the Bulls as leverage.

If these guys only intent are to use the Sox as leverage that is really going to suck.

It seems like if they wanted to be here they would have been here by now but I could just be going crazy from the wait.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
This. seems like the longer this goes on the less likely we are to land one of them

Why does a longer wait hurt our chances but not the chances of the other teams?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
Why does a longer wait hurt our chances but not the chances of the other teams?

If I was a Royals fan I would be encouraged by the wait. It means he is really torn and is trying to leverage them to get close so he can take their offer. IMO

For Cespedes I just dont get the vibe that he is itching to come here. We have always heard about Sox interest in him but never heard anything about that feeling being mutual. Now of course it doesnt mean for sure that it isnt and I can totally just be reading way too far into a situation that isnt public.