Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

Before Wednesday would be nice. Gotta figure Wednesday and Thursday will be dominated by Hall of Fame talk, and if Raines gets in, the Sox will want to give him a lot of attention since the Expos aren't there anymore.

But we've waited this long. What's another couple weeks, amirite?

Sources have said that up to this point, the Sox have not signed a free agent outfielder.

These are the same sources that were correct in past predictions when they were the first to claim that the sky is blue on a sunny day and that grass truely is green.

All of this is earth shattering news and shall forever change your existence. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, L Ron Hubbard!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
I have a good feeling something is gonna happen today

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west..

I'm hooked on a feeling , I'm high on believin'...

Feelings whoa ooh ohh feelings..

See me , feel me, touch me, heal me....

Cum on feel the noize...

I feel like a number...

I feel like makin, I feel like makin' love to you...

I feel good. I knew that I would now..

And I can't fight this feelin' any more...

And I got a peaceful, easy feeling...

She's in love with me and I feel fine.

I've gotta feeling, a feeling deep inside oh yeah ..

When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things

And then I don't feel so bad

Edit: I keep adding more but if you want to kill time you can name the bands. Should be easy to anyone over ummm hmmm 45 ?? Yea go with 45 like the rpm record.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 01:53 AM)
There's a feeling I get when I look to the west..

I'm hooked on a feeling , I'm high on believin'...

Feelings whoa ooh ohh feelings..

See me , feel me, touch me, heal me....

Cum on feel the noize...

I feel like a number...

I feel like makin, I feel like makin' love to you...

I feel good. I knew that I would now..

When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things

And then I don't feel so bad

Captain_America_I_Understand_That_Refere

People put way too much faith into the rumor mill. Realize that even if something is true, it doesn't mean that things perpetually stay the same. And just because one party does something, it doesn't mean an absolute response will come in a short time frame. Players have families, wives, and other goals. Just because a guy gets an offer, this isn't PS4 where you get an instant response.

Quit holding your collective breath. I think a few of you are turning blue.

This week, things should start picking up again. The only thing is Wednesday, usually the Sox big announcement day is probably a no no this week with the HOF announcement. Probably very little negotiating going on since right before Christmas. If teams sign a big name, they want to make a big deal out of it. Signing someone during the holiday season probably ruins any chance at a big press conference and cuts down the publicity of the deal, nevermind all the agents, players and front office people have families, and most have obligations during this time. I'd be surprised if we went another week without one of these guys signing.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
This week, things should start picking up again. The only thing is Wednesday, usually the Sox big announcement day is probably a no no this week with the HOF announcement. Probably very little negotiating going on since right before Christmas. If teams sign a big name, they want to make a big deal out of it. Signing someone during the holiday season probably ruins any chance at a big press conference and cuts down the publicity of the deal, nevermind all the agents, players and front office people have families, and most have obligations during this time. I'd be surprised if we went another week without one of these guys signing.

Agree these guys are going to hold out for best possible deal. I wouldn't be shocked if they were still unsigned 2 weeks from now.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
I think a 3 yr deal at a higher AAV with a 4th year option is ideal for the Sox

If the White Sox are trying to "Backload" a deal to take advantage of Danks and LaRoche expiring without blowing up their 2016 payroll, then a higher AAV is something they can't do.