Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Things have been awfully quiet since the false alarms of last Tuesday. Hopefully tomorrow brings at least an updated set of rumors. I'm just so ready to have a conclusion to the big three, hopefully sooner rather than later...

Rabbit tweeted something a little while ago. Sorry don't know how to import it. Said the Sox were happy the way. The market is going, but might not get their first choice.

Updates from Rabbit:

Yup. Not sure they get their "first choice" but they're happy w/ the way "their" market has developed to this point.

@georgyjj09 @HHS1DPU teams are leaving the players out to dry because there are no aggressors forcing their hand. Market will move in tim

@georgyjj09 @HHS1DPU basically supply and demand but when once an OF signs teams will start to show their hands. Until then, they wait

eorgyjj09 @HHS1DPU I've heard they've moved hardest after Gordon. That's all things considered: $, compensation, fit, years, profile, etc.

7:40 PM - 4 Jan 2016

@HHS1DPU he's trying to get the best deal for himself. KC has been active with other outfielders though.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Rabbit tweeted something a little while ago. Sorry don't know how to import it. Said the Sox were happy the way. The market is going, but might not get their first choice.

IIRC. Gordon is the Sox first choice with Cespedes as their second. Anyone know if I remember this correctly?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
Updates from Rabbit:

Yup. Not sure they get their "first choice" but they're happy w/ the way "their" market has developed to this point.

@georgyjj09 @HHS1DPU teams are leaving the players out to dry because there are no aggressors forcing their hand. Market will move in tim

@georgyjj09 @HHS1DPU basically supply and demand but when once an OF signs teams will start to show their hands. Until then, they wait

eorgyjj09 @HHS1DPU I've heard they've moved hardest after Gordon. That's all things considered: $, compensation, fit, years, profile, etc.

@HHS1DPU he's trying to get the best deal for himself. KC has been active with other outfielders though.

Well done sir and thank you for posting this.

Updates from Rabbit:

Isn't this the time when posters are supposed to start complaining "if he doesn't want to come here, the sox shouldn't give him the deal."

Updates from Rabbit:

Thanks!!

QUOTE (Real @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
I really really don't want Gordon, which means that's who they'll target/acquire

Why? Assuming they don't pay him in excess of $20M per for over 4 years, Gordon is an excellent fit on this team.

At first, Gordon was my least preferred of the 3 by a decent margin, but as this has dragged on I've been liking the idea of him more and more. Despite his age, he seems like he has the highest floor of the three, which I really like given our recent bad luck with position player acquisitions.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
For f*ck's sake, players. Sh*t or get off the pot.

This would be Kenny Williams like of paying up just to get something done. Hahn has been the master of waiting out a market to get the deal on his terms. Look at the Frazier deal for a great example.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
I'm really, really hoping the Sox sign Gordon over Cespedes

I'm on the Cespedes train. Although I think Gordon is just as solid for different reasons. However the thought of that 3-4-5 is scary. Also with Cespedes in the lineup it allows other people to slide back in spots with less pressure which will probably help improve some of their numbers.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
I'm really, really hoping the Sox sign Gordon over Cespedes

I'm in this camp as well, I like Cespedes as protection for Abreu but your 4-7 will just not be able to get on base and I feel there's will be too many solo HRs.