Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
But, due to the fact he did agree to come back, there's at least a 50% chance they exercise it as long as he's still productive.

The likelihood of that happening in KC is much higher than with any other team.

It will be strictly due to "if he is still productive" and if he is it may be worth it. Regardless, it is not a "5 year 91 million dollar deal" for the royals.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
But, due to the fact he did agree to come back, there's at least a 50% chance they exercise it as long as he's still productive.

The likelihood of that happening in KC is much higher than with any other team.

5 years before a $23 million mutual option is due, there is more than a 50% chance it is exercised?

OK.

The only reason this option would have any significance is if it became a player option if he were traded or maintained a certain level of performance. Other than that, everyone whose contract has expired is then on a "mutual" option.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Just did a twitter check. Nightengale tweeted the White Sox 3 year max thing on New Year's day. Moore said the Royals and Gordon got close on New Year's Eve. So this came out right about the time the Sox realized they had no shot at Gordon.

That's an interesting point. I don't know if that's relevant with the Sox's negotiations with Cespedes or not, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Edited by ChiSoxFanMike

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
That's an interesting point. I don't know if that's relevant with the Sox's negotiations with Cespedes or not, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I'm guessing that is what it is. And if the White Sox were the competition with KC for Gordon, why would KC have had to offer 4 years with an option for a 5th if the White Sox were only offering 3? That is another thing that doesn't make much sense. So either the Sox were offering 4 or 3 with an easily attainable 4th year vesting option or another team was offering 4.

Edited by Dick Allen

I just heard Cespedes signed.

A debt card transaction receipt.

Seriously, I like the Abreu factor here. Come on Sox. Get a new Cuban Connection ROCKING!!!!

I just heard Cespedes signed.

A debt card transaction receipt.

Seriously, I like the Abreu factor here. Come on Sox. Get a new Cuban Connection ROCKING!!!!

I don't want a guy who doesn't use his PIN instead of signing a receipt. Move on to somebody else.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
I don't want a guy who doesn't use his PIN instead of signing a receipt. Move on to somebody else.

Rumor has it that his assistant actually signed for him as a result of forgetting said pin.

Assistant rumored to be fired. Replacement may be sought.

Source: a 1,257 pound tuna caught off the coast of Utah.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
Rumor has it that his assistant actually signed for him as a result of forgetting said pin.

Assistant rumored to be fired. Replacement may be sought.

Source: a 1,257 pound tuna caught off the coast of Utah.

Salt Lake tuna? At least it is well preserved.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Salt Lake tuna? At least it is well preserved.

You didn't hear California and Nevada fell into the ocean as a result of a 17 point earthquake that lasted 13 minutes? Jeez... Where have all you people been?

ps: PTATC!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
You didn't hear California and Nevada fell into the ocean as a result of a 17 point earthquake that lasted 13 minutes? Jeez... Where have all you people been?

ps: PTATC!

I have to fly to Anaheim to present a paper in February. Dang airlines must be covering up the quake to keep my money!!!!

Edit: it's as good as any of these other speculations/theories these past pages.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
i was once in a realgm Amare Stoudemire trade thread that went 400 pages or so and ended with no Bulls trade happening at all.

And the 2014 Carmelo Anthony threads... there were 30 threads 100 pages each. And it didn't happen. 3000 pages.