What is the Sox fall back OF plan ?

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
If the White Sox don't sign anybody else I'm hoping they trade LaRoche, Danks and Garcia to the Angels for Mike Trout. This would turn out to be the most shocking trade in baseball since Rocky Colavito was traded for Harvey Kuenn.

Hey, I asked for a Vette for Christmas and 40 acres in Costa Rica. Didn't get it but it didn't hurt to ask.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
If the White Sox don't sign anybody else I'm hoping they trade LaRoche, Danks and Garcia to the Angels for Mike Trout. This would turn out to be the most shocking trade in baseball since Rocky Colavito was traded for Harvey Kuenn.

Pass the bong this way please!

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Marte isn't being traded. None of the OF's are. Josh Bell is the stud prospect that will be ready but he was moved to 1B. McCutchen, Marte, and Polanco will be in the Pirates OF

ok, josh bell is a stud prospect at age 29 yrs old, and next yr he will be 30 and with another 1b in front of him whom they just got.

however as you said, marte is the question. i tried to look for the article i read and i can't find it. but it mention that possibility of trading, b/c of 2 of'er prospects. one who is 24 yrs old and the pitt is interested him. the other may be ready next yr -2017 who is 22 yrs old. but all this is on the idea, will pitt deal with the gradual increase of salary?????

they have a real nice looking farm and have been successful in developing their prospects. but who know what they will do. i suggested this as a possibility.....

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
Pitt needed a another sp, 1b they will also move both walker and marte b/c their prospects are ready to step in.

Pitt signed John Jaso earlier this week and emphatically declared he was the LH hitting side of their 1b platoon with Morse. I seriously doubt they're looking for a 1b unless you give them a bargain.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
ok, josh bell is a stud prospect at age 29 yrs old, and next yr he will be 30 and with another 1b in front of him whom they just got.

however as you said, marte is the question. i tried to look for the article i read and i can't find it. but it mention that possibility of trading, b/c of 2 of'er prospects. one who is 24 yrs old and the pitt is interested him. the other may be ready next yr -2017 who is 22 yrs old. but all this is on the idea, will pitt deal with the gradual increase of salary?????

they have a real nice looking farm and have been successful in developing their prospects. but who know what they will do. i suggested this as a possibility.....

Uh, Bell is only 23 dude. :huh:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:59 AM)
Pitt signed John Jaso earlier this week and emphatically declared he was the LH hitting side of their 1b platoon with Morse. I seriously doubt they're looking for a 1b unless you give them a bargain.

i know, but some how someone posted about bell. if you look at my org #69 i said just that.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...97784&st=60

i am not looking for a confrontation, i am just explaining myself. ....

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 07:06 PM)
i know, but some how someone posted about bell. if you look at my org #69 i said just that.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...97784&st=60

Pitt did exactly what you might expect a smart team to do with a 1b prospect who is 1-2 years away. They spent a small amount to cover a platoon this year at 1b on a guy who hasn't got a lot of 1b experience but put up a .380 OBP last year. 2 years, $8 million. Less than what the White Sox wanted the Pirates to take on for LaRoche this year, and the Pirates got a guy who performed a lot better. Jaso and Morse give them a 1b platoon with some tolerable performace at the back side of their lineup this year, then Bell steps in either in the 2nd half of this year or to start 2017 along with Jaso.

White Sox wanted them to take on salary with LaRoche but wouldn't give them anything to make it worth it, so they signed someone cheaper who performed better and was a better fit for their roster.

No one here pointed out that Pitt no longer is in the 1b market, so I did. If you DFAd LaRoche and he cleared waivers, they might still offer him a minor league deal with an option to ST, but they're not in the market for LaRoche any more and should no longer be mentioned with his name. If you included Tim Anderson and asked them to pick up $10 million, they might do that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
ahh then i was wrong, the josh bell i was looking at i found on baseball ref

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/belljo01.shtml

different bell.

Oh OK, I see the confusion. Here's the Josh Bell prospect from Pitt.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register...id=bell--007jos

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 01:09 AM)
Pitt did exactly what you might expect a smart team to do with a 1b prospect who is 1-2 years away. They spent a small amount to cover a platoon this year at 1b on a guy who hasn't got a lot of 1b experience but put up a .380 OBP last year. 2 years, $8 million. Less than what the White Sox wanted the Pirates to take on for LaRoche last year, and the Pirates got a guy who performed a lot better. Jaso and Morse give them a 1b platoon with some tolerable performace at the back side of their lineup this year, then Bell steps in either in the 2nd half of this year or to start 2017 along with Jaso.

White Sox wanted them to take on salary with LaRoche but wouldn't give them anything to make it worth it, so they signed someone cheaper who performed better and was a better fit for their roster.

No one here pointed out that Pitt no longer is in the 1b market, so I did. If you DFAd LaRoche and he cleared waivers, they might still offer him a minor league deal with an option to ST, but they're not in the market for LaRoche any more and should no longer be mentioned with his name. If you included Tim Anderson and asked them to pick up $10 million, they might do that.

in a way, i implied it in my post, but that is beside the point, pitt has said as much, they wanted someone to bridge the position for their prospect who may be a yr away. that was why i kept mention laroche to pitt in my mock trades. but if pitt is having some so called problems with marte and what he might make next yr, i didn't think they, pitt will accept laroche. again like you said, unless they sweeten the pkg. which they didn't .

anything else on this front was included.... later .....

lets not loose the point of my post.... i was congratulating blacksox13 for a nice post and mention there still may be another team in play, and that is pitt and well look at the post.

btw after the fact, leake was signed by pitt...... which i said they needed another sp......

and it is my fault for reacting to some posters who is always doing this kind of s***. i should have know better.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
in a way, i implied it in my post, but that is beside the point, pitt has said as much, they wanted someone to bridge the position for their prospect who may be a yr away. that was why i kept mention laroche to pitt in my mock trades. but if pitt is having some so called problems with marte and what he might make next yr, i didn't think they, pitt will accept laroche. again like you said, unless they sweeten the pkg. which they didn't .

anything else on this front was included.... later .....

lets not loose the point of my post.... i was congratulating blacksox13 for a nice post and mention there still may be another team in play, and that is pitt and well look at the post.

btw after the fact, leake was signed by pitt...... which i said they needed another sp......

and it is my fault for reacting to some posters who is always doing this kind of s***. i should have know better.

They "ALREADY SIGNED SOMEONE THIS WEEK AND DECLARED HIM THEIR 1B." That's what you're ignoring. Here is the statement of their GM:

"John is enthusiastic about playing in Pittsburgh and developing as a first baseman," Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said. "We feel he has the ability to play the position at the major league level."
That happened several days ago yet you're still talking about them as though they have need of a 1b to bridge to their prospect. They already signed that bridge. The conversation should be over yet on Dec. 26 you still brought them up, while simultaneously either ignoring that signing or not knowing about it.

If I'm Pitt. I don't do anything this year as far as outfielders go. Wait until after the '16 season to give Meadows more time at AAA and then Pitt, imo, will put McCutchen on the market for a major haul and roll with Meadows in '17 while bringing up Bell for 1B. The right haul for McCutchen will replace the minor league voids left by the Meadows/Bell call ups and Pitt's farm won't miss a beat. Pitt is being very smart with regard to how they are handing the organization as a whole. They are home-growing some very nice talent!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 01:25 AM)
They "ALREADY SIGNED SOMEONE THIS WEEK AND DECLARED HIM THEIR 1B." That's what you're ignoring. Here is the statement of their GM:

That happened several days ago yet you're still talking about them as though they have need of a 1b to bridge to their prospect. They already signed that bridge. The conversation should be over yet on Dec. 26 you still brought them up, while simultaneously either ignoring that signing or not knowing about it.

in this post, i just remembered several other teams. i will mention 1 team in particular. Pitt. they are committed and they will need to do something. going into the off season, their press or the press of the sporting community broke them down, before the northside answered with their moves.

Pitt needed a another sp, 1b they will also move both walker and marte b/c their prospects are ready to step in.

looking back, they did the 1b, 2b trade now, i would pitt move marte and take a chance on 2 rookies in the lineup??? i still see them needing a better sp and if they do move marte, i can see it being done for a young cost control #2 or #3 type of sp. or would they just look into the fa market???

i am seeing teams as needing to make moves, just be keep up and to keep being competitive within their division.

you know, i really do like this off season. a lot to think about.

ok.... what is your problem i am admitting this already and again this is my post, i admitted it.... i said they already address this.... and maybe i should have added a "and" in front of 2b trade.

but you are always right.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
Oh OK, I see the confusion. Here's the Josh Bell prospect from Pitt.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register...id=bell--007jos

thanks for that link

here is the org link i got from mlb trades.... there link is what i used and hit it. the josh link is to the ling i showed you

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/pittsburgh-pirates

The Pirates will retrench in 2016 with an aim to contend again in 2017, writes John Perotto of the Beaver County Times. While the club will still pursue a postseason berth next year, they’ll have their eyes on developing top prospects like Josh Bell, Glasnow, and Jameson Taillon.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:28 AM)
If I'm Pitt. I don't do anything this year as far as outfielders go. Wait until after the '16 season to give Meadows more time at AAA and then Pitt, imo, will put McCutchen on the market for a major haul and roll with Meadows in '17 while bringing up Bell for 1B. The right haul for McCutchen will replace the minor league voids left by the Meadows/Bell call ups and Pitt's farm won't miss a beat. Pitt is being very smart with regard to how they are handing the organization as a whole. They are home-growing some very nice talent!

i agree and that was what i was still trying to point out. they will be in play for a sp, but that was taken care of today..... but not earlier when i posted my comments.

now... that nl central is one tough division. i really don't know if leake will give the pirates what they are hoping for.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
i agree and that was what i was still trying to point out. they will be in play for a sp, but that was taken care of today..... but not earlier when i posted my comments.

now... that nl central is one tough division. i really don't know if leake will give the pirates what they are hoping for.

Leake signed with the Cardinals?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:51 AM)
Leake signed with the Cardinals?

nice catch.... i was wrong.

with all the crap going on, i screwed up.

so that mean pitt is or should be in the market for a sp....

the domino chips are still falling..... and for those who came late, i said, since the northside team really improved themselves, it is forcing other teams in that division to do the same.... esp those who are already committed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:54 AM)
Leake is the reason the Cards are one of the main competitors with the Sox for Gordon stead of Cespedes/Upton.

The Tigers and possibly KC are in there as well...

i know what you are saying.... about the cards. but ... well it is their money. i still like Piscotty... maybe and this is my wild hair guest. they are not sold on his pwr...

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
nice catch.... i was wrong.

with all the crap going on, i screwed up.

so that mean pitt is or should be in the market for a sp....

the domino chips are still falling..... and for those who came late, i said, since the northside team really improved themselves, it is forcing other teams in that division to do the same.... esp those who are already committed.

Pitt seems unlikely to be in the market for a SP at a high price given that they're going to want to leave 2 rotation spots for the 2 pitchers they will hope will start the season at AAA. They've acted exactly that way this offseason; they have Cole for several seasons and Liriano for 2 more years as their 1-2, they have then tried to fill in the middle part of their rotation with Neise and Vogelsong. They've done the thing that they've done every single year; try to build a team with someone appropriate at every spot and then hope that some of their guys overplay what they're paying for, which works for them because they have built a very strong roster around those guys. It's the same strategy that has gotten them in the playoffs the last several years.