Alex Gordon Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
I think you need a lesson on how internet rumors/sources work.

1) Things always get lost in translation, one person saying "offer" may really just mean an informal amount of money being talked about.

2) Changes occur all the time, at the time of one's "report", they may have been 100% accurate, but since that time things may be completely different. Gordon could have an offer and then Upton's party decides to play with the Sox, that may change the conversations with Gordon.

Let it ride out, don't fret until something official comes out. Enjoy the information we get as it speaks more to the process than to the actual results (hint: it shows what the Sox favor and want to do but it doesn't mean it will come to fruition).

If we get none the big 3 I be very disppointed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
Why be patient when you can fly off the handle for no reason?

I DONT EVEN FEEL LIKE THE SOX CARE ABOUT POSITIONING THEMSELVES TO SIGN BRYCE HARPER IN 2018 RIGHT NOW. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! JUST TANK ALREADY, CENTURY OVER.

I think it's pretty simple in terms of what our board sources give us. Take it or leave it. If you don't want to believe it, move on & don't give it the time of the day. Making them out to be some jerk halfway into the first day after a holiday weekend is just childish.

It's not like these guys have to give any of us info & even if none of the top 3 end up signing... Oh well. Gave us something to talk about in a long offseason.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
stop insulting other peoples posts by responding the way you are.

I'm studying psychology today. Here are some interesting concepts, which are highly intellectual and lack any shade of insult.

Personalization. A particularly unfortunate type of grandiosity that presumes you are the center of the universe, causing events for good or ill that truly have little or nothing to do with you.

Leaps in logic. Making seemingly logic-based statements, even though the process that led to the idea was missing obvious steps. Jumping to conclusions, often negative ones.

“All or nothing” thinking. Being unable to see shades of gray in everyday life can lead to major misperceptions and even despair.

Toddles.

And even if we offered Gordon a formal contract today, it doesn't mean he has to accept it today. He'll likely want to talk with his family/agent/etc and make sure he is making the best decision. He may also take that offer and use it as leverage to get the Royals to increase their offer. No news so far today doesn't take away credibility from what bucket said.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
And even if we offered Gordon a formal contract today, it doesn't mean he has to accept it today. He'll likely want to talk with his family/agent/etc and make sure he is making the best decision. He may also take that offer and use it as leverage to get the Royals to increase their offer. No news so far today doesn't take away credibility from what bucket said.

I agree. The process of this FA market has been historically slow. It seems very unrealistic to expect a player to receive his first offer from a team and accept that the same day.

Some on here are acting like the market is flying & the White Sox are refusing to move. NO ONE is signing.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
He slow down the market these guys want J Heyward money now.

Heyward signed for less money than most projected him to sign for. He was the top OF'er on the market. I don't think him signing had anything to do with the market. Players outpriced themselves & teams hurt players by placing QO's on guys that simply aren't worth the money & a pick.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
I agree. The process of this FA market has been historically slow. It seems very unrealistic to expect a player to receive his first offer from a team and accept that the same day.

Some on here are acting like the market is flying & the White Sox are refusing to move. NO ONE is signing.

Exactly, even the secondary OFs (outside of De Aza) haven't been signing yet. If there truly is an excess supply of good to great OFs available, then teams are smart to wait it out until players' demands drop a bit. It sucks having to wait, but no movement is not a bad sign for us, especially given that multiple baseball insiders have stated our interest in these guys is legitimate and their markets are smaller than anticipated. Now is the time for all of us to be patient and put our faith in the front office to land one of those guys.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
I'm studying psychology today. Here are some interesting concepts, which are highly intellectual and lack any shade of insult.

Toddles.

Wonderful, now try to converse with more than one word

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
He slow down the market these guys want J Heyward money now.

Is your grammar really that bad? This is the 4th or 5th post of yours I've seen with grammar so bad it hurts to read it.

Maybe English isn't his first language?