Yanks getting Chapman...

EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES 2m2 minutes ago

Hearing Yankees will give up 4 minor league players for Chapman. But none from elite group of Sanchez, Judge, Mateo, Bird, etc.

RHP Rookie Davis is part of the package. I'll guess that the rest is 3B Eric Jagielo, LHP Ian Clarkin, and SS Kyle Holder. Just a shot in the dark.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
American League is absolutely loaded

Is it though? I think there are like 13 teams that could potentially make the playoffs. There are good teams but not really anyone that's a favorite. NL has 8 teams battling for 5 spots and 7 terrible teams.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
RHP Rookie Davis is part of the package. I'll guess that the rest is 3B Eric Jagielo, LHP Ian Clarkin, and SS Kyle Holder. Just a shot in the dark.

Bryan Hoch ‏@BryanHoch 3m3 minutes ago

Yankees have acquired Aroldis Chapman from the Reds for RHPs Caleb Cotham and Rookie Davis and INFs Eric Jagielo and Tony Renda.

30 retweets 8 likes

Well I got 2 of the 4

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
Is it though? I think there are like 13 teams that could potentially make the playoffs. There are good teams but not really anyone that's a favorite. NL has 8 teams battling for 5 spots and 7 terrible teams.

There are just no bad teams, IMO, in the AL. In the NL, half the teams aren't even trying.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)

I'd say all 15 AL teams could make the playoffs, even the A's had a positive run differential most of the season and they underperformed their Pythagorean record by 9 games. They always seem to contend when people don't expect them to as well.

The top NL teams might be a bit better than the top AL teams, but I'd say every AL team is better than the Reds, Brewers, Marlins, Phillies, Braves, Rockies and Padres. That's half of the NL right there. There's no easy wins in the AL.