The next market inefficiency...2nd/3rd tier pitching

caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
http://www.royalsreview.com/2016/1/6/10724...her-ian-kennedy

Royals moving on Ian Kennedy, with links to Cliff Lee, Latos and Gallardo as well.

Chen and Fister given lesser consideration...Chen too expensive + Boras.

Ian Kennedy to the Royals would give the White Sox a higher draft pick. So that helps.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Ian Kennedy to the Royals would give the White Sox a higher draft pick. So that helps.

Yes sir. We need as many of the QO free agents to sign with teams that haven't given up their first round pick yet as well as the Padres (likely landing spot for Desmond).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Yes sir. We need as many of the QO free agents to sign with teams that haven't given up their first round pick yet as well as the Padres (likely landing spot for Desmond).

The Padres would lose their highest comp pick for doing this which would move the Sox into the 2nd spot in comp round. Good call

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Id be very interested in seeing what lncecum might have left

That's who I was thinking that the Sox might have an interest in. Not sure if he'd get a ML contract though. Minor league deal or is someone willing to put him in the rotation from the get go at this time ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
That's who I was thinking that the Sox might have an interest in. Not sure if he'd get a ML contract though. Minor league deal or is someone willing to put him in the rotation from the get go at this time ?

Not sure on what kind of deal Lincecum ends up landing, maybe a minor league with a spring training invite, or possibly even a low AAV contract loaded with performance incentives. Whatever happens, I'd bet there will be a lot of interest in his eventual workout/showcase day, if he ends up having one. I'd sign him in a heartbeat if he looks halfway decent, but there will most likely be multiple suitors so who knows...