2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 07:35 PM)
I don't like Trump, and don't doubt for a second he has stepped way over the line on several occasions, but this one is a reach IMO.

It's all part of the same pattern of forcing himself on women who don't want or are actively rejecting his sexual advances though.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
I agree Dick, and was going to post the same, but then I figured, hmmm...this will just come back to bite me in the ass when something comes out showing he actually did something with an underage woman.

Yeah, I really hope not, but...

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
Trump is creepy and unqualified and probably a pervert, but I really think the comments to the really young girls were in jest. Just some guy pushing 50 who wanted the world to know he would be dating 18 year olds. There is plenty of other info to rip him to shreds. I really don't think these particular events were a big deal.

I don't think he's a pedophile, but it's another disturbing piece of evidence that he views females primarily as sexual objects, either currently or with future potential.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
I don't think he's a pedophile, but it's another disturbing piece of evidence that he views females primarily as sexual objects, either currently or with future potential.

He sexualized his then-1 year old daughter Tiffany, commenting on her "great legs" but how he wasn't sure if she'd grow up to get her mom's big breasts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-35...rview-1994.html

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Glad Acorn continues as a cutting edge Zombie Bogeyman

The ACORN line, the giant header, the fact that it's in Word and not excel, the section that's just labeled VOTER SUPPRESSION. It couldn't be any more obviously intentionally fake.

"You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing," the conservative commentator said, according to audio released by Media Matters for America. "You can do anything — the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything — as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent.

"If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix...x-talk-scandal/

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)
First of all, the election has just started, with the main day a few weeks away. But more importantly, what evidence do you have of "rigging in this election"?

Uh, Bernie Sanders might have something to say about the rigged election as well as Trump.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
Deny it all you wish

Don't let them bother you. You have the right to say it's rigged. Right now we're ONLY hearing about Trump being a sleazeball and NOTHING about Bill Clinton. Can you imagine if they were trying to find women Bill has had?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
Uh, Bernie Sanders might have something to say about the rigged election as well as Trump.

Don't let them bother you. You have the right to say it's rigged. Right now we're ONLY hearing about Trump being a sleazeball and NOTHING about Bill Clinton. Can you imagine if they were trying to find women Bill has had?

greggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg why do you do do this

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)

For the millionth time, BILL CLINTON ISN'T f***ING RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 03:26 AM)
greggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg why do you do do this

Because I just can't stand people giving crooked Hillary a free pass just because Trump is scum. These 2 people should each be judged and Hillary is not worthy of the office either.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 14, 2016 -> 03:30 AM)
For the millionth time, BILL CLINTON ISN'T f***ING RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!

Are you serious? He is a former president and will be living in the White House again. We should at least hear about all his scandals as well and how Hillary relates to them.

Wow so it turns out Trump's sons also have deplorable views of women, who woulda thunk it

https://www.buzzfeed.com/passantino/donald-...Xdnl#.mcGZX85k2

A host interjected that women “complain, ‘it’s harassment’ — that’s why we hate having them around. They stop us from doing what we want to do.”

“I’m of that mindset — and I’ll get into trouble, I’m sure I’ll get myself in trouble one of these days,” Trump began, “if you can’t handle some of the basic stuff that’s become a problem in the workforce today, then you don’t belong in the workforce. Like, you should go maybe teach kindergarten. I think it’s a respectable position.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 12:51 AM)
I vote we rename The Buster. It shall be known as "The Badger"

Thanks, I think? lol

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
Because I just can't stand people giving crooked Hillary a free pass just because Trump is scum. These 2 people should each be judged and Hillary is not worthy of the office either.

Are you serious? He is a former president and will be living in the White House again. We should at least hear about all his scandals as well and how Hillary relates to them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
Finally a negative article about Hillary. I wish she and Trump would both drop out and see what we did as a country to pick a president we can rally around.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/rel...eaks/index.html

Greg,

We have both been on this board a long time, and I probably have read a good majority of your posts. I actually think that you are probably and honest and decent person. The problem is that you seem to want to be misinformed. When you are presented with legitimate facts and arguments, you just dont seem to want to actually recognize them. I am not sure why you want to be misinformed, but I do really think that you want what is best for America, not necessarily what is best for yourself, and that is admirable.

That being said, I am going to give this a try and we shall see where we get.

No one is giving Hillary a pass, no one. But the problem is that in our current system there are 2 legitimate choices for President (I voted for Kronos) but anyways, Hillary won the Democratic primary. I personally did not vote in the Primary, I really wasnt a fan of Hillary or Bernie. If you would have put my feet to the fire and made me vote, I likely would have for Hillary. Not because she is some saint, but because when given the choice of mediocre and terrible, you always vote mediocre. Since this is a sports board, Ill compare it to baseball. If you have 2 batters to pick from and 1 hits .050 and 1 hits .150 I am going to pick the one who hits .150. Not because I think that they are great, but because they are better than the other choice.

As to the Bill Clinton stuff. Its nonsense, serious nonsense. I may not be the oldest person in the world, but I can not remember 1 time where the potential first lady and her life were paraded as a part of a campaign. I dont know if Michelle slept with a 100 guys, all I know about Laura Bush is that she was a librarian. Hillary is not Bill, and there is no credible evidence that Hillary even knew what was going on. Further more, the part that really is crazy, is that Trump DEFENDED Clinton. Saying that none of those accusers were credible. Now years later when it suits him, all of a sudden Trump believes them? Its purely self motivated, he could care less about those women. He is just deflecting and to not recognize that at this point is willful ignorance.

As to your last paragraph. The country cant rally around a single person until the country gets its (and I hate saying this but I cant think of a better word) soul back. Its cliche, but its time we remember who we are. This is the land of the free, this is the country that was built on:

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

And what so many Americans have forgotten, is that we were all once the "Mexican" the "Black" the "Jew" the "Italian" who someone else didnt want to come here, because they wanted to selfishly keep this country for themselves. And on the backs of all of these unwanted people we created the greatest country that has ever existed. The country that defeated the Nazis, the country who forgave the Marshall loans. The country who has sacrificed as much, if not more, than any one else in the hope that everyone can enjoy the freedom that so many Americans take for granted.

So excuse me if I get offended by Trump and anyone who wants to blame the "others" because my family was once the people that were not welcome. My people were the ones who left Russia, who left Italy, who left Ireland. They were Catholics, they were Jews, they were Protestants, and they all left hoping that they would find a place where they could be free to live their lives and not worry that one day their business would be closed or they would be killed for just being different.

Lets look at Hillary in the worst possible light. She made bad decisions. Anyone who cant admit that theyve made a bad decision is a liar. But at least Hillary isnt trying to strip away what makes this country great. Maybe that means I have to support a less than ideal candidate, but I am only here because someone that I never met defended my families right to come to this country. And I will not let that kindness be forgotten.

Its not always necessary to rally around something great. Sometimes its good enough to rally against something terrible. Trump is something terrible. The road to xenophobic fascism is paved by the people who let it happen. Promises of a better economy, more jobs, a better life. These are all promises that have been made on the backs of "others" before. This isnt for me, this is for all of the Americans who sacrificed for me over the last 200+ years. This is for the person who argued against keeping out immigrants when it wasnt socially acceptable, for the person who stood against slavery, for the person who argued that women should vote. And on a personal level, this is for my great Uncle (a man I never knew), who was a first generation Italian immigrant, who died on D-Day, fighting for our freedom.

You want something to rally around, rally around that. Because we dont need some "leader" or "President" to rally around, all we need is our ideals, our goodness. We need to rally around ourselves. Because America is great, not because of our wealth, but because of the idea that we can all be who we want to be. That we shouldnt have to fear that being who we are is going to result in something bad happening. And if that isnt good enough, then you really werent an American to begin with.

Edited by Soxbadger