2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
I bet the numbers will ultimately surprise here come election day. I think Trump gets a huge bump from the "anti-Trump, but REALLY anti-Hillary" group.

I agree with you here and the media is going to have their hands full trying to make people like Hillary. So far they've focused on making the country hate Trump enough to just vote for Hillary. But as the election gets closer and maybe Trump destroys her in debates, the media might have to switch tactics to convince people to like her.

Like you alluded to- bottom line- the country doesn't want Hillary freaking Clinton in charge of everything. Mercy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 07:25 PM)
Boring. Guess they thought double woman ticket was too much?

She's more powerful and influential in the Senate, especially if they retake it.

Biden should be VP for life though. Going to miss him clowning all over Ryan.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
I agree with you here and the media is going to have their hands full trying to make people like Hillary. So far they've focused on making the country hate Trump enough to just vote for Hillary. But as the election gets closer and maybe Trump destroys her in debates, the media might have to switch tactics to convince people to like her.

Like you alluded to- bottom line- the country doesn't want Hillary freaking Clinton in charge of everything. Mercy.

Really?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
Really?

I'm honestly kind of horrified about the debates. Trump plays by different rules than anyone else. He could call her a dumb c***, lose no votes, and nothing Hillary could do or say would make her look okay. I just have no clue what stuff could happen on the debate stage and if Trump mistakes would be received as such.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 12:32 AM)
I'm honestly kind of horrified about the debates. Drumpf plays by different rules than anyone else. He could call her a dumb c***, lose no votes, and nothing Hillary could do or say would make her look okay. I just have no clue what stuff could happen on the debate stage and if Drumpf mistakes would be received as such.

I doubt neutral ground is kind to him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
I'm honestly kind of horrified about the debates. Trump plays by different rules than anyone else. He could call her a dumb c***, lose no votes, and nothing Hillary could do or say would make her look okay. I just have no clue what stuff could happen on the debate stage and if Trump mistakes would be received as such.

And Hillary could get up on stage, pull a puppy out from under her podium, say to the crowd "f*** puppies" and punt it 40 yards and all the media(and her supporters) would do is spend the next few days saying the puppy deserved it.

Edited by juddling

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
And Hillary could get up on stage, pull a puppy out from under her podium, say to the crowd "f*** puppies" and punt it 40 yards and all the media(and her supporters) would do is spend the next few days saying the puppy deserved it.

No, she couldn't and no, they wouldn't.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)

It's amazing that all the reporters are Democrats. They are so in favor of Hillary it's obscene almost. If I were Trump I would take the direct approach with a bit of humor. Go ahead and announce at the first debate, I respect my esteemed opponent's right to run for President, but in protest of the FBI email case I'm going to refer to her as CH for Crooked Hillary. And then just keep saying Crooked Hillary or CH when referring to her.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
No, she couldn't and no, they wouldn't.

These people have never actually paid attention to any of the actual media coverage the Clinton's have received for decades. "Clinton rules" didn't come out of nowhere

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 04:45 AM)
In reasonse to Wikileaks, Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been removed from speaking at the convention. Sad!

Removed from job would be better. I mean, look, everyone knew Hillary was the establishment's pick but all you really had to do was not make it really obvious or shady looking.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)
Hope there is a Sanders revolt.

He, Biden, the Obamas, her husband....will all overshadow her speech. Kaine might be the only one who can't...he would make a better Kiwanis or Rotary Club president.

You are right I think, though, the media will proclaim Hillary's speech the best ever. I predict they say they were brought to tears. Should be interesting to see how Hillary and the media handle the 'first woman' angle. It's kind of sexist for the TV coverage to be blubbering about it. I would think though that though a bit self-serving, it's her major selling point and she will hit it hard. If she keeps her female base happy/satisfied, she is in. She's already got the African American vote no matter what. That coupled with the female vote means a landslide victory. So I would guess she expresses how 'proud' she is, etc. over and over.

I wonder if the pundits were honest they'd ultimately deem the speech very boring.

Edited by greg775