2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

Tim Kaine deserves a chance to show off. He was a huge get in virginia, and was an attorney fighting against housing discrimination for 20 years. You couldn't pick a civil rights issue I think is more important than that.

I love Liz Warren, but she is older and unlikely to be able to run after Clinton. She also could basically run the senate, which is way more powerful than VP (who technically does, but whatever). Kaine is not the most liberal choice ever, but at what point are things more about policy than about giving your the feels?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 05:13 PM)
While I don't want Trump, I will laugh at any pisspants Bernie supporter that complains about President Trump.

Sigh. People too young to remember Nader costing Gore the election in 2000... imagine a world where the US never invades Iraq...

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:13 PM)
While I don't want Trump, I will laugh at any pisspants Bernie supporter that complains about President Trump.

I'm a Bernie guy but these anti Hillary Bernie supporters are pissing me off. Like STFU and look at the big picture. Now Rosario Dawson is running her mouth. Hope they watch Bernie's speech tonight and snap out of it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
I'm a Bernie guy but these anti Hillary Bernie supporters are pissing me off. Like STFU and look at the big picture. Now Rosario Dawson is running her mouth. Hope they watch Bernie's speech tonight and snap out of it.

The Berners are ridiculous. A shantytown? A fart-in?

This is the most privileged revolution I've ever watched unfold.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
Sigh. People too young to remember Nader costing Gore the election in 2000... imagine a world where the US never invades Iraq...

I wish I was, I remember Perot costing Bush votes. These folks are acting like petulant children.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 12:31 AM)

Bernie got screwed so badly the Democrats should be happy he wasn't on the attack during his speech. It's criminal what was done to him by his own party. Cruel. I have no idea why the DNC fixed it for Hillary.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:12 AM)
Booker and Michelle crushed it.

Every speaker at the Democratic convention gets high grades. It's the way the analysts roll. This is the time of year they amp it up to make sure Hillary wins in a landslide. OMG the reviews of her speech are going to be "Best speech ever." "Hillary Clinton is one of the finest speakers to ever grace a convention floor. What a speech! Historic (cue tears)."

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 02:01 AM)
Bernie got screwed so badly the Democrats should be happy he wasn't on the attack during his speech. It's criminal what was done to him by his own party. Cruel. I have no idea why the DNC fixed it for Hillary.

Every speaker at the Democratic convention gets high grades. It's the way the analysts roll. This is the time of year they amp it up to make sure Hillary wins in a landslide. OMG the reviews of her speech are going to be "Best speech ever." "Hillary Clinton is one of the finest speakers to ever grace a convention floor. What a speech! Historic (cue tears)."

Did you watch her speech Greg? Tony was giving his own opinion, not regurgitating analysts. You too could watch it and form your own opinion.

Has anyone done an analysis of the impact of GOTV efforts versus poll numbers? I'm thinking back to 2012, where Obama had a really well-run GOTV effort with significant data and tech behind it whereas the Romney campaign's Orca project was a complete disaster. This year, story after story has shown how Trump's campaign has little to no data efforts, shuttered state offices, and really no ground game to speak of in many states. Should we "expect" Clinton to overperform the polls based on GOTV disparities?

You do realize that nothing in any of those emails actually changed any results, right? People complaining about Bernie in private emails didn't change the fact that Hillary destroyed him in votes.

Turn your brain on, ffs.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
Has anyone done an analysis of the impact of GOTV efforts versus poll numbers? I'm thinking back to 2012, where Obama had a really well-run GOTV effort with significant data and tech behind it whereas the Romney campaign's Orca project was a complete disaster. This year, story after story has shown how Trump's campaign has little to no data efforts, shuttered state offices, and really no ground game to speak of in many states. Should we "expect" Clinton to overperform the polls based on GOTV disparities?

http://ssir.org/increasing_voter_turnout/e..._than_you_think

It's easy to predict rave reviews for her speech because she is the best speaker I have heard during this campaign. Powerful. Engaging. It's like predicting critics will love the next Robert Downey or Leo DiCaprio movie. It's not a conspiracy. :D

She alone can bring America together. The Dems have done a great job of pulling together the best and brightest in America and who are effective in sharing their message. Most everyone can see that Hillary is clearly what America needs now. Thankfully the DNC also realized that and helped where they could.

Of course the RNC tried to steal the nomination from Trump, as he correctly alleged. His supporters only grew stronger and more resolved until he was locked in. So here's the game. The RNC has to deal with the guy they didn't want and the DNC get's their candidate. Game. Set. Match. Democrats.

Sorry Greg, you are losing this one. Kansas may want to succeed.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
I'm embarrassed that I ever was a sanders supporter. He lost, get over it. Stop acting like children and vote for what's best for your political viewpoints.

I'm totally for universal healthcare and raising the minimum wage.

Hears 10 Bernie supporters booing.

I'm against all that now. Thanks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:01 AM)

1378960_1280x720.jpg