2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 24, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlieDaniels/s...src=twsrc%5Etfw

Greg, are you getting your talking points from Charlie Daniels these days?

Lots of people agree with Greg. I'll turn on the TV and be amazed when I hear my own viewpoints. I always think, "And those Sox talk people think I'm a troll!" I Am Not A Troll. I Am a Human Being!" from one of my favorite movies.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
No way. There will not be one news organization declaring Donald the winner. Maybe Hannity.

Did you read the NY Times embarrassing endorsement today? They are all coming. This news organization should be ashamed of itself making her look so Presidential. Cmon. We have two horrendous choices and the NY Times saying Hillary deserves this job is sad. Don't pretend we have a good candidate this year. Trump is a Chump, no doubt. No question. Of course he is. But Hillary is a proven fibber (I won't call her a liar) and one who stretches the truth; also a very very horrible speaker/leader and as elitist as Mr. Trump. And yet the NY Times endorses her in a glowing piece? Sad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/opinion/...ident.html?_r=0

lol that you still like Trump over her if this is a motivating factor

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Lots of people agree with Greg. I'll turn on the TV and be amazed when I hear my own viewpoints. I always think, "And those Sox talk people think I'm a troll!" I Am Not A Troll. I Am a Human Being!" from one of my favorite movies.

Well, about 40% of America thinks Trump is getting screwed by the media and the other 60% can't comprehend how he can get away with having no policies, no nuanced viewpoints on foreign policy or the ability to consistently maintain any position whatsoever (see Matt Lauer interview).

Trump lies...well, that's just Trump being Trump.

Hillary, on the other hand, is a criminal/nearing impeachment/"lock her up."

Edited by caulfield12

something really weird about that CNN/ORC poll of Colorado. Trump winning white voters in the state by only 4 points should mean an absolute Clinton bloodbath there.

Clinton pulled money and resources out of that state weeks ago. I have to think their internal polling is still showing a strong firewall there or they'd be shifting their attention back (and away from states that seem like ridiculous longshots like Georgia).

edit: I'm still hanging my hat on the massive disparity in GOTV between the campaigns showing up bigly on election day, and it'll be good for at least as much as Obama was able to out-perform the polls in 2012.

Edited by StrangeSox

It won't matter, people will either see the white nationalist close to winning and want to be a part of the winner, or people of 3rd party candidates will think "s***, trump may win" and shift back to clinton/not vote. Either way, un-f***ing-believable.

There is a reorganization of the country where midwest is getting older and whiter and south getting younger and more diverse. So texas and GA are closer but not in play, VA and NC have moved Dem, but ohio/iowa/missouri/wisconsin/michigan are leaning more republican than prior election.

I had never read this before and I laughed so hard at this:

In the event that Ted Cruz places his hand on the Bible next January and pledges to destroy everything decent that America has accomplished in the past 100 years, even as I contemplate with horror the vicious and broken world my children will inherit, some small part of me will be warmed by the knowledge that certain people who had high hopes for their role in a new Clinton presidency are eating s***.

http://gawker.com/my-conflict-1758741736#_...1662.1474923211

Feeling a full-blown Trump meltdown coming tonight, he already can't help interjecting and he looks pissed

"I did not [say global warming is a Chinese hoax]!"

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

11:15 AM - 6 Nov 2012

34,179 34,179 Retweets 21,978 21,978 likes

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 07:27 PM)
Trump has yet to make a coherent point but because the majority of his voters are dumbasses I'm sure they will latch on to this.

Clinton isn't trying to convince Trump voters, her mission is to convince the slim number of "undecided" voters along with energizing her base and, if at all possible, de-energizing some of Trump's voters.