2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
He also gave a specific policy proposal to implement a program that was infamous for targeting blacks and Latinos.

That'll fix racial tension and community-police relations!

Exactly, when faced with race relation questions he decided to publically support one of the most racist unconstitutional policies ever

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
Exactly, when faced with race relation questions he decided to publically support one of the most racist unconstitutional policies ever

How can anyone with a brain think Trump is going to win. He is advocating dangerous and racist policies.

I think people will show up.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 07:50 PM)
How can anyone with a brain think Trump is going to win. He is advocating dangerous and racist policies.

I think people will show up.

Hes not going to win the states he needs to win the race. Internet trolls aside.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
I wonder how great or how bad Obama would have been if he wasn't handcuffed by congress. Do we have round 2 to look forward to for Trump or Clinton?

This is one of the things I find funny about the whole "Make America Great Again" movement. Republicans have pretty much been in control for the whole of Obama's tenure. So, it's a little off to blame Obama for everything. It's even more wrong for Trump to hang everything bad on Clinton, as if she was the one making policy. But, I guess that's politics.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 07:22 AM)
[/b]

Exactly how our current administration wants it.

The administration vetoed the bill though. So I expect you will see how your silly call back (which also doesn't seem to understand how our government works) doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
The administration vetoed the bill though. So I expect you will see how your silly call back (which also doesn't seem to understand how our government works) doesn't make sense.

That quote is also taken out of context. She was speaking about all of the nonsense that was flying around about what was allegedly in the bill Luke death panels and that once the bill was passed, that ridiculousness would die down. She was completely wrong about that of course, but her statement was never that "I have no idea what this bill says"

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 06:44 AM)
This is one of the things I find funny about the whole "Make America Great Again" movement. Republicans have pretty much been in control for the whole of Obama's tenure. So, it's a little off to blame Obama for everything. It's even more wrong for Trump to hang everything bad on Clinton, as if she was the one making policy. But, I guess that's politics.

They also cant seem to pinpoint what year America was so great that we have to go back to it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
That quote is also taken out of context. She was speaking about all of the nonsense that was flying around about what was allegedly in the bill Luke death panels and that once the bill was passed, that ridiculousness would die down. She was completely wrong about that of course, but her statement was never that "I have no idea what this bill says"

It also hadn't even entered committee at that point.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)

Ted Cruz did a fake filibuster and read Green Eggs and Ham from the Senate floor. Apparently unaware (as most 6 year olds are not) that the moral of that story is "be open minded and try unknown things and you might end up realizing it wasn't as bad as you've been led to believe." Really nothing else illustrated Pelosi's point better than that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
Florida GOP's official twitter account sharing InfoWars conspiracy nonsense about Clinton. Inmates fully in control of the asylum.

https://twitter.com/FloridaGOP/status/77393...src=twsrc%5Etfw

This is pretty much what the Republican Party is about anymore. I legit wish the entire thing would just crash and burn, and the grown-ups form a new right-wing coalition top-down, in their usual manner. We would all be so much better off.

I think it's hilarious how Barack Obama avoids using Trump's name ("Hillary's opponent," "the Republican nominee," "the other guy"), but Michelle Obama disregards using his name entirely. She hates him on a personal level, but she won't acknowledge him, she won't even use pronouns because he's a narcissist who loves hearing his own name and that's a type of reward for him. She's a master at throwing shade.