2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
I think it's hilarious how Barack Obama avoids using Trump's name ("Hillary's opponent," "the Republican nominee," "the other guy"), but Michelle Obama disregards using his name entirely. She hates him on a personal level, but she won't acknowledge him, she won't even use pronouns because he's a narcissist who loves hearing his own name and that's a type of reward for him. She's a master at throwing shade.

Also hilarious: how much the right hates Michelle Obama

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
I didn't quote you as multiple posters were talking about it so don't take it personal.

It's just silly she talks s*** about Donald Trump and she's some deity that we have to bow down to. She's not campaigning for her husband who's the President, she's "campaigning" for a woman her husband despises because of their party affiliation. It's really a stretch to say she's campaigning for Clinton when she's really just campaigning against Trump and disparaging him. How novel of her. Donald Trump has 30 years of being a doof anyone with half a brain could campaign against him with no preparation.

But hey, the kids are eating tofu so she's the best.

Despises her so much that he made her the Secretary of State.

I didn't quote you as multiple posters were talking about it so don't take it personal.

It's just silly she talks s*** about Donald Trump and she's some deity that we have to bow down to. She's not campaigning for her husband who's the President, she's "campaigning" for a woman her husband despises because of their party affiliation. It's really a stretch to say she's campaigning for Clinton when she's really just campaigning against Trump and disparaging him. How novel of her. Donald Trump has 30 years of being a doof anyone with half a brain could campaign against him with no preparation.

For someone who doesn't care about her you sure seem to dislike her a lot.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)

Her speeches are 90% praising Clinton, 5% shouting out her husband, 5% trashing Trump.

She's an active, relevant political figure who is the most popular person in U.S. politics. If not for registration deadlines, she could declare her candidacy for Illinois senator right now and beat Mark Kirk by 20 points if she wanted to.

The reason I know rabbit has not watched any of Michelle Obama's actual campaigning for Hillary Clinton is Michelle has actually been held up as the one surrogate actually making the case FOR clinton and not just disparaging Trump.

Like Lost said, she doesn't even mention Trump, though she makes contrasts and emphasizes the things that make Hillary responsible that are quite clearly basic competencies that Trump doesn't clear.

For example

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office...onal-convention

and:

"It's just silly she talks s*** about Donald Trump and she's some deity that we have to bow down to. "

give me a break

If Trump defeats Clinton, much of Obama's legacy will be destroyed as the Republicans will control all three branches of the federal government. At the least, she's campaigning strongly for her own husband's legacy.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
As far as the bolded, you don't care about it because it doesn't support your agenda. It shows they're both full of s*** and their word is only good for the moment. I want substance from politicians not flavor-of-the-week rhetoric motivated only by selfish means.

No, nobody actually cares about it. The only people who "care" about it are people who wouldn't ever vote for Clinton anyway, so it doesn't actually matter. Understanding that politicians criticize each other when they're running against each other but may not actually hate each other, especially 8 years later and after working together for several years, isn't about supporting an agenda but understanding basic politics. Wanting to win so that your agenda which you genuinely believe to be the best for the country and your fellow citizens isn't selfish reasons. Doing what you need to in order to win political campaigns to get the political power you need to actually implement policies isn't being selfish, it's being someone who actual matters rather than another vanity purity campaign who doesn't ever actually do anything.

So despite their internal conflicts with each other, they band together to push their progressive agenda that they deem much more important than their personal squabbles.

"Jane, I know we have kids together, and we should do what's best for them. But I f***ing hate you. So I will instead work to destroy you until DCFS takes them away to some stranger who will certainly be worse. It's the principled thing to do."

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
Stop "sniping" me.

I got called out for saying no one should care about Michelle Obama because her position is irrelevant and holds no barriers to get. I defended my point.

As far as the bolded, you don't care about it because it doesn't support your agenda. It shows they're both full of s*** and their word is only good for the moment. I want substance from politicians not flavor-of-the-week rhetoric motivated only by selfish means.

raBBit...are you married? Do you respect her opinion? Do you think she is smart? I hope you do for your sake, but also to make the point that if you think the President of the United STates doesn't ask he wife (and pretty soon, her husband) their opinion on certain matters, you are crazy.

And, on top of that, the last few First Ladies have the brains to answer rationally.

They don't make the speeches. They don't veto or sign bills. But to say they don't do anything is illogical and short-sighted.