2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

Nyt with a story of two women claiming Trump touched them inappropriately

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.c...android-verizon

And another claim in the palm beach post from a different woman

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/palm-bea...dJY9htsLl88GcP/

Just locker room talk.

(Maybe a women's locker room with underage girls, which Trump likes to barge in on)

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
To Greg's point, I am mildly surprised at how little talk there has been about Bill being in the White House as the first man and as a former President.

I wonder if they'll put his tux into the same room in the Smithsonian that has all of the First Ladies' Inaugural Ball dresses.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 08:03 PM)

Just locker room talk.

(Maybe a women's locker room with underage girls, which Trump likes to barge in on)

Miss Washington 2013 says Donald Trump groped her

Natasha Bertrand @NatashaBertrand

Trump campaign advisor AJ Delgado: "Any reasonable woman" would have come forward immediately after being sexually harassed. @chrislhayes

5:09 PM - 12 Oct 2016

welp write off women as yet another demographic that the GOP has permanently damaged themselves with.

Oh and the Trump campaign is insisting that they are going to sue the New York Times over their story, and Trump himself melted down when asked for comment by the NYT last night. Probably won't come to pass because he really, really wouldn't want to go to discovery over this.

Oh and John Dingell is a former democratic rep from michigan, is 90 years old and is excellent at twitter.

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/7863...src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edited by StrangeSox

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/...amp;sh=853560b0

Who the f*** looks at an 8 year old girl and mentions they'll be dating said human in 10 years. And by dating he means ducking.

f*** this country for letting this piece of filth get so far. I am deeply offended and sickened by him.

I mean f***.

f***.

Trump surrogates on TV are literally using the "well why didn't they report it at the time??" defense.

Trump explicitly explained this in the video you disgusting assholes.

I'm sitting here watching breaking coverage of allegations of sexual assault against a presidential candidate less than a month from the election, and it's interrupted by more allegations of sexual assault by the presidential candidate.

Get f***ed, Trump. Get f***ed forever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)

Who the f*** looks at an 8 year old girl and mentions they'll be dating said human in 10 years. And by dating he means ducking.

f*** this country for letting this piece of filth get so far. I am deeply offended and sickened by him.

I mean f***.

f***.

Steve, get it right. You grossly mischaracterized her age.

She was 10.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)
Name me all the blunders without mentioning emails or Benghazi. Name 5 blunders from Hillary in the past week and we will hold them up next to Trumps blunders

You refuse to acknowledge that Trump does stupid s*** not daily, but HOURLY, and forces people to say "look at all this stupid s***!"

But, greg ignoring reality and repeating himself(in the third person) is to be expected

Trump is a slimeball. How else can I put it and impress upon you guys he is evil. You guys are confusing me being "amused" by Trump with wanting him elected. I could list a ton of adjectives blasting him now but I don't think this board wants such inflammation. I love Jesse, though.

Now to answer your question on Hillary's blunders: In her life she blasted stay at home moms (elitist Hillary), she covered up her husband's indiscretions and attacked the women, a man who was Jewish said she used a slur vs. him; she screamed at her bodyguards for having the audacity to say good morning; the money she got from wall street for speeches, way too much money; and can you say WHITEWATER; I won't mention vince foster and the controversy. She's a bad lady, sir.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
I HAVENT VOTED FOR A REPUBLICAN IN TWO ELECTIONS! YOU AREN'T LISTENING TO ME.

Finally somebody acknowledges this. You guys never act like anything I say sinks in so YES I do repeat myself a lot. Finally somebody remembers my position on this.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
stop listening to talk radio

Meghan McCain is educated, smart and doesn't interrupt her guests. Actually Limbaugh doesn't interrupt his guests either, unlike the TV dolts Matthews, Maddow, Wolf Blitzer, etc. Why not listen to her?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:03 AM)

Just locker room talk.

How could Trump run for president when he knew he did all this stuff in his past? Is he a glutton for punishment? Yes he's a slimeball. I could say, but ... so is Bill Clinton. The man preyed on interns, folks!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:31 AM)
To Greg's point, I am mildly surprised at how little talk there has been about Bill being in the White House as the first man and as a former President.

There's nothing. They don't want to embarrass him. He deserves mention ONLY as a former PRESIDENT according to the pundits. They won't embarrass him speculating on his role as First Man.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 02:51 AM)

I mean f***.

f***.

He's a rat. He's scum. He's a ruthless one percenter, true. But Bill CLinton and Hillary are no saints. Hillary arguably should be in jail right now. Bill ... cmon. He's a rat too.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 04:25 AM)
Greg is totally cool with a Trump presidency.

I'm not voting for him and that's a fact. So I can't be too cool with it. I do think we're doomed as a country either way. Eight years of Hillary is not good. And you know who I think takes over after her. I'm very worried about our economy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
I'm not voting for him and that's a fact. So I can't be too cool with it. I do think we're doomed as a country either way. Eight years of Hillary is not good. And you know who I think takes over after her. I'm very worried about our economy.

You have every right to be worried about the upcoming Hillary presidency, I know I am. You just can't talk about it publicly because Trump is such an awful person, that's all that matters.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 05:09 AM)
You have every right to be worried about the upcoming Hillary presidency, I know I am. You just can't talk about it publicly because Trump is such an awful person, that's all that matters.

Exactly, but if you read my posts you'd see I predicted this. As we got to crunch time, near the election, that's when the media unleashes its fury vs. the Republican. The news organizations better be careful. Mr. Trump will be suing a lot of people in he said/she said cases. Also, Bill Clinton might need to worry a bit say six months AFTER the coronation/election. The media may go after Bill and his past transgressions once Hillary is safely in the Oval Office. The first two years of her coronation might be fair game for Bill as she doesn't have to win again until 2020. A few years to mess around looking at Bill's past before getting on the Hillary bandwagon again as the 2020 election nears.

Again, this he-said/she said stuff is touchy. Little surprised the media attorneys are letting them run with this against a rich person like Trump. I know if a person says something there's "probably" no cause for a successful lawsuit, but then again, if these people making the allegations turn out to be wacky unreliable people, a judge might side with Trump in a lawsuit for recklessness.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 11:21 PM)
Exactly, but if you read my posts you'd see I predicted this. As we got to crunch time, near the election, that's when the media unleashes its fury vs. the Republican. The news organizations better be careful. Mr. Trump will be suing a lot of people in he said/she said cases. Also, Bill Clinton might need to worry a bit say six months AFTER the coronation/election. The media may go after Bill and his past transgressions once Hillary is safely in the Oval Office. The first two years of her coronation might be fair game for Bill as she doesn't have to win again until 2020. A few years to mess around looking at Bill's past before getting on the Hillary bandwagon again as the 2020 election nears.

Again, this he-said/she said stuff is touchy. Little surprised the media attorneys are letting them run with this against a rich person like Trump. I know if a person says something there's "probably" no cause for a successful lawsuit, but then again, if these people making the allegations turn out to be wacky unreliable people, a judge might side with Trump in a lawsuit for recklessness.

Thank god the First Amendment exists.

Lol thank God discovery exists.

No way he actually goes through with it. He does not want to be under oath on these issues.

The nyt has a landmark supreme court case named after them for exactly this sort of issue. They are not even remotely afraid of his threats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankthorp/statu...425330630361088

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 05:33 AM)
Thank god the First Amendment exists.

Yes but there was no time to check out these women who were/are coming forward. There's always the chance Trump could win lawsuits if the pieces fall the right way.

I guess the Cosby case has proven the media organizations will be OK, however. I don't think Cosby has gone after any outlets for libel.

I was saying months ago Donald should have dropped out. Just said the system was rigged and he'd had it. With his past as a ruthless rich guy, this stuff was bound to come out. s***, just the fact he was willing to go on Stern dozens of times in his life and play along with Howard with sex banter, showed in itself this stuff would all come back to devour his reputation. If Donald stays in the race, he has to go on the Bill Clinton attack. Just keep alleging Bill is a womanizer and how come no equal scruitiny of Bill.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 05:47 AM)
They already did background and checked with people they told their stories to at the time they happened. It's multiple independent women all alleging the same behavior.

Plus, you know, it's the exact behavior Trump himself bragged about.

You are probably right, Strange.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)
Yes but there was no time to check out these women who were/are coming forward. There's always the chance Trump could win lawsuits if the pieces fall the right way.

I guess the Cosby case has proven the media organizations will be OK, however. I don't think Cosby has gone after any outlets for libel.

I was saying months ago Donald should have dropped out. Just said the system was rigged and he'd had it. With his past as a ruthless rich guy, this stuff was bound to come out. s***, just the fact he was willing to go on Stern dozens of times in his life and play along with Howard with sex banter, showed in itself this stuff would all come back to devour his reputation. If Donald stays in the race, he has to go on the Bill Clinton attack. Just keep alleging Bill is a womanizer and how come no equal scruitiny of Bill.

It's the New York Times.

I'm sure they've checked.

Greg, you should know how this game works / know about communications law.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)

The problem is that the Bill Clinton attack is a loser. Any time Trump defends himself with things like "they would have reported it immediately" you have to ask why he believes all of the Clinton accusers (and its late and Im not feeling great, but I dont believe any of them immediately reported it to the authorities.)

As to slander/defamation, its really hard to win as a celebrity. You have to show malice, which means that the person who said it knew it to be false or a reckless disregard for the truth. Proving something untrue (like you didnt harass someone or touch them) is basically impossible because there is likely no evidence either way. Thus Trump (and most celebrities) almost never win these type of cases. Even worse, once litigation were to start, Trump would open himself up to discovery (written and oral) and it could reveal other issues.

Trump just isnt very smart. He is an egomaniac who may have destroyed his brand. I mean there is a reason why most billionaires dont run for politics and instead just "donate" to candidates. Same potential rewards, much less risk.