southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-alex-jones-a...-181955203.html

BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA AND CLINTON ACTUALLY AREN'T ACTUALLY DEMONS REEKING OF HELLISH SULPHUR.

By the the way, the Jeffrey Epstein/Trump case where he supposedly was arranged to be with an underage girl is supposed to start trial December 16th.

Of course, Bill Clinton and Epstein are also connected.

Among the other problems Trump faces are calling Epstein a "Jew bastard" and trying to pay for the girl's abortion (allegedly).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Trump is a slimeball. How else can I put it and impress upon you guys he is evil. You guys are confusing me being "amused" by Trump with wanting him elected. I could list a ton of adjectives blasting him now but I don't think this board wants such inflammation. I love Jesse, though.

Now to answer your question on Hillary's blunders: In her life she blasted stay at home moms (elitist Hillary), she covered up her husband's indiscretions and attacked the women, a man who was Jewish said she used a slur vs. him; she screamed at her bodyguards for having the audacity to say good morning; the money she got from wall street for speeches, way too much money; and can you say WHITEWATER; I won't mention vince foster and the controversy. She's a bad lady, sir.

This is why nobody takes anything you say seriously. I asked you to mention Hillarys blunders in the past week and you give me this, retread stories that have been attacked over and over. Gmab, most of the stuff above is anecdotal

Greg, one thing you've never done is articulated a legit argument for Ventura.

It's like your thing for Leyland and LaRussa. Why would someone out of the government game for so long now be properly equipped for the highest office in the land, compared to, say, Al Franken or Liz Warren? Both of those politicians have consistently fought for the little guy/consumers.

What evidence exists HRC "attacked" her husband's accusers???

The supposed Jewish slur?

Edited by caulfield12

Regardless of whatever else it suggests about Donald Trump’s ethical sensibilities or business acumen, the undisputed revelation that he hasn’t paid income taxes for nearly two decades, by most accounts legally, stands as convincing evidence that we the people don’t really share one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Rather, we’ve become at least two nations with distinctive liberties and systems of justice, one for the super-wealthy and a very different one for the rest of us.

In one, you can blow a billion dollars on bad investments and inept business decisions and then get the rest of us ordinary tax-payers to absorb this financial hit, while you go on with your lavish lifestyle and benefit from billions more in tax breaks on properties and new ventures. This makes you a genius.

In the other, you can get laid off despite years of loyal service and end up with nothing thanks to the whims of those who toy with fortunes, companies, and the countless workers’ lives like pieces on a Monopoly board. The high-rollers will see that your temporarily displaced CEO walks away with $100 million or so as a consolation bonus, but you get nothing, and God help you if you don’t ante up when the IRS comes knocking next April 15th. This makes you a sucker.

One of these nations, the one whose arrogance and greed brought it about, has recovered nicely from the collapse of 2008. Not a soul among them served a day of prison time for their shameless deceptions. The other nation, whose taxes funded the bailouts that saved the scammers, still struggles. Most have found work again, but not the pay or job-stability they had before.

State officials in Indiana rejoiced this week over news that Indiana ranks among the top ten states with tax-friendly business climates. The congratulatory press releases don’t mention, however, that Indiana also ranks among the lowest states for per capita income, partly because the legislature has passed right to work legislation and other measures that systematically push down wages. Since both the nations within our borders still need roads, clean water, education, and law enforcement, guess who pays for all these by coughing up taxes that businesses we treat like guests don’t have to pay. We have a welfare problem, but it’s hardly the poor who siphon off scandalous sums of our collective wealth.

No one is supposed to mention all this, of course, because it sounds like the rhetoric of class conflict. Moreover, trickle-down economics remains a kind of cultural orthodoxy in this country even though it has consistently proved itself flawed and inefficient as Soviet-style communism. Neither takes into account the deep truths of human nature.

Nevertheless, people on each side of our divide want a shot at revamping our tax system as a way to address economic problems. Ironically, the loudest applicant currently is Mr. Trump, who says his experience at gaming our tax system longer and more effectively than anyone else makes him the only person who can fix it. However, he has not pledged to close the loopholes that allow him to have the rest of us cover his losses. If you think a fox who has spent his life raiding the chicken coop will suddenly switch to protecting the chickens against his fellow-foxes, well, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you, and maybe a water carburetor patent, too.

We may never again be one nation, indivisible. If we’d like to try, we mustn’t trust in predators, but in people willing to make sacrifices for the good of all.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 05:16 AM)
Greg, one thing you've never done is articulated a legit argument for Ventura.

It should be pointed out that Ventura isn't in the race, so his past misdeeds (if any) haven't been brought to to light. But, as soon as he or anyone else enters, their past becomes a real issue. My guess is that a guy who made his living as an outlandish professional wrestler in the 70s and 80s probably has some skeletons in his closet that he'd like to keep there.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
It should be pointed out that Ventura isn't in the race, so his past misdeeds (if any) haven't been brought to to light. But, as soon as he or anyone else enters, their past becomes a real issue. My guess is that a guy who made his living as an outlandish professional wrestler in the 70s and 80s probably has some skeletons in his closet that he'd like to keep there.

Because what somebody did or didn't do 20 years ago is a more important qualification than what they can do in the future. 'Merica!

"Why didn't they come out with this stuff earlier" is a pretty predictable response, but really the fact is Trump completely did this to himself by trying to turn around criticism of his own behavior and project it onto Bill Clinton. Now he is fair game, too.

Trump's going scorched earth, but there is a reason you don't go scorched earth unless you're desperate or just don't care. You make the land unsuitable for your enemy, but also for yourself.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Not all conservative evangelical christians are on board with selling out to Trump.

Liberty University students protest association with Trump

Fallwell's response to that:

“I am not ‘touring the country’ or associating Liberty University with any candidate,” Falwell Jr. told the Post. “I am only fulfilling my obligation as a citizen to ‘render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s’ by expressing my personal opinion about who I believe is best suited to lead our nation in a time of crisis. This student statement seems to ignore the teachings of Jesus not to judge others but they are young and still learning.”

That's... not what "render unto Caesar" means. Of course, he knows that...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 06:55 AM)
Because what somebody did or didn't do 20 years ago is a more important qualification than what they can do in the future. 'Merica!

Right or wrong, it's what is done. Remember when John Kerry's post Vietnam protest was a big deal in 2004? The whole swift boat controversy was somehow relevant despite running against a guy who basically dodged the war.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 07:33 AM)
Regardless of whatever else it suggests about Donald Trump’s ethical sensibilities or business acumen, the undisputed revelation that he hasn’t paid income taxes for nearly two decades, by most accounts legally, stands as convincing evidence that we the people don’t really share one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Rather, we’ve become at least two nations with distinctive liberties and systems of justice, one for the super-wealthy and a very different one for the rest of us.

In one, you can blow a billion dollars on bad investments and inept business decisions and then get the rest of us ordinary tax-payers to absorb this financial hit, while you go on with your lavish lifestyle and benefit from billions more in tax breaks on properties and new ventures. This makes you a genius.

In the other, you can get laid off despite years of loyal service and end up with nothing thanks to the whims of those who toy with fortunes, companies, and the countless workers’ lives like pieces on a Monopoly board. The high-rollers will see that your temporarily displaced CEO walks away with $100 million or so as a consolation bonus, but you get nothing, and God help you if you don’t ante up when the IRS comes knocking next April 15th. This makes you a sucker.

One of these nations, the one whose arrogance and greed brought it about, has recovered nicely from the collapse of 2008. Not a soul among them served a day of prison time for their shameless deceptions. The other nation, whose taxes funded the bailouts that saved the scammers, still struggles. Most have found work again, but not the pay or job-stability they had before.

State officials in Indiana rejoiced this week over news that Indiana ranks among the top ten states with tax-friendly business climates. The congratulatory press releases don’t mention, however, that Indiana also ranks among the lowest states for per capita income, partly because the legislature has passed right to work legislation and other measures that systematically push down wages. Since both the nations within our borders still need roads, clean water, education, and law enforcement, guess who pays for all these by coughing up taxes that businesses we treat like guests don’t have to pay. We have a welfare problem, but it’s hardly the poor who siphon off scandalous sums of our collective wealth.

No one is supposed to mention all this, of course, because it sounds like the rhetoric of class conflict. Moreover, trickle-down economics remains a kind of cultural orthodoxy in this country even though it has consistently proved itself flawed and inefficient as Soviet-style communism. Neither takes into account the deep truths of human nature.

Nevertheless, people on each side of our divide want a shot at revamping our tax system as a way to address economic problems. Ironically, the loudest applicant currently is Mr. Trump, who says his experience at gaming our tax system longer and more effectively than anyone else makes him the only person who can fix it. However, he has not pledged to close the loopholes that allow him to have the rest of us cover his losses. If you think a fox who has spent his life raiding the chicken coop will suddenly switch to protecting the chickens against his fellow-foxes, well, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you, and maybe a water carburetor patent, too.

We may never again be one nation, indivisible. If we’d like to try, we mustn’t trust in predators, but in people willing to make sacrifices for the good of all.

But can't the same argument be made that the Clinton Foundation and access to it as well as the Secretary of State's office was similarly "gamed" by 1 percenters?

Isn't it also on the Congresses who enabled real estate developers to get away with legally walking through those loopholes? Wouldn't it be criminally negligent for Trump's tax attorneys not to take advantage to shield his or the company's worth/valuation?

Wasn't Marc Rich just as bad, if not worse, arguably...than Trump?

The reality is neither side will effectively protect the middle class...it's simply that Democrats will do a slightly better job at it.

If you're a Trump TV surrogate, how do you get up every day knowing that you're going to have to go on national TV and defend the latest Trump scandal(s) for that day with the most absurd arguments and attempts at deflection while having seemingly zero centralized coordination on what the message should even be? It has to be exhausting.

What Trump is doing with his taxes is neither illegal nor unethical. He's correct that we all take advantage of the write offs available to us. But, it's telling that he knows it looks really bad when held up against his public statements about the obligation to pay taxes, the need to build infrastructure and military (which take tax dollars), etc.

Not being forthright from the beginning regarding his taxes is a definite sign that he knows it looks really bad and would be pounced on by his opponents in the primary and presidential races.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
If you're a Trump TV surrogate, how do you get up every day knowing that you're going to have to go on national TV and defend the latest Trump scandal(s) for that day with the most absurd arguments and attempts at deflection while having seemingly zero centralized coordination on what the message should even be? It has to be exhausting.

Paycheck

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
Ok, you've got one national experimental poll on one hand, every other normal national poll plus all of the state polls on the other hand.

I really kinda doubt that the LA Times managed to invent a new style of polling that just happens to be accurate while every other polling firm in the country is off massively.

1) Majority does not make right

2) Lots of news coming out about the corruption of...the news.