2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be interesting to see what this does to Trump after the election. His base isn't exactly the target of his brand. I think if the Apprentice tape comes out and he actually said what that woman is claiming, he may be totally ruined and Eric Trump may have to get a real job.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 12:27 PM)
It will be interesting to see what this does to Trump after the election. His base isn't exactly the target of his brand. I think if the Apprentice tape comes out and he actually said what that woman is claiming, he may be totally ruined and Eric Trump may have to get a real job.

Trump TV or some other sort of media empire in coordination with Breitbart is my guess.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)

The majority of his most devoted voting base couldn't afford a single night in one of his hotels.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
First of all, the election has just started, with the main day a few weeks away. But more importantly, what evidence do you have of "rigging in this election"?

Really? With the leak of questions by CNN, the DNC doing what they could to make sure Bernie failed. you're right, no rigging at all.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
Better off just ignoring the clown

Personal attacks. What you're best at.

Why Liberals almost always succumb to this I'll never know.

Edited by brett05

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
Really? With the leak of questions by CNN, the DNC doing what they could to make sure Bernie failed. you're right, no rigging at all.

"Rigging" means fraud. The DNC hoping Clinton beat Sanders does not mean that Sanders got more votes than Clinton, but the DNC prevented him from winning the primary.

None of the behavior you have cited comes close to "rigging"...

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Another poll out post Debate with Trump leading the election by two points. (Rasmussen)

National polls are irrelevant, not to mention that one is an outlier.

Let's assume Trump carries all the deep red states: ID, MT, WY, ND, SD, NE (all), KS, OK, TX, AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, TN, KY, WV, IN, AK, and even UT (though that may be in play). That totals 180 EV.

In order to get to 270, he needs to win all of these states: WI (10), AZ (11), NV (6), NC (15), PA (20), OH (18), IA (6) and one of FL (29) or CO (9)

Where does he stand right now for each of those?

WI: RCP average is Clinton +6.7

AZ: Last poll was about a month ago, before the recent implosions, and Trump was only +2

NV: RCP average is Clinton +1.4

NC: RCP average is Clinton +2.6

PA: RCP average is Clinton +8.7

OH: RCP average is basically dead heat

IA: Not many recent polls, last one showed it dead heat

FL: RCP average is Clinton +2.7

CO: RCP average is Clinton +7.2

And many of the polls in those averages are pre-tape reveal. So the gap has likely widened in most of those.

He has to win all but one of those, basically. That's a huge, huge hill to climb, from a guy who just keeps digging. He has no real shot at winning anymore, barring some HUGE reveal about Clinton (and I don't mean a sentence fragment out of context from an email about campaign strategy).

Stop citing national polls.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)

DNC can nominate anyone they'd like, so there is really nothing to rig there (though as I've said, I don't like the way they handled it).

CNN leaking a question to a debate? Come on, both candidates know damn well what questions will come up for about 90% of them anyway.

Trump says he obviously didn't sexually assault Natasha Stroynoff because "look at her".

Molest a woman who isn't hot? Gross!

Reminds me of the people who think the worst part of the Biblical story where Sodomites try to engage in gay rape of angels is the gay part, and not the rape part.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
"Rigging" means fraud. The DNC hoping Clinton beat Sanders does not mean that Sanders got more votes than Clinton, but the DNC prevented him from winning the primary.

None of the behavior you have cited comes close to "rigging"...

Deny it all you wish

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
Cuban has said, and he's probably right, the Trump brand is over. His restaurants, golf courses, hotels all cater to the high class and "elite". I would wager 98% of the people attending his rallies could never afford to stay at one of his places.

So either he re-brands to cater to a different, lower class audience (I don't see that happening..) or...he's done.

The DC post office hotel he keeps bragging about is already struggling. In an area where luxury hotels are typically 400 a night, he needs 750 to break even.

I guess other project bidders filed objections way back when the project was being awarded claiming that Trump's projected room rates and occupancy rates were obviously BS, and this was before he nuked his own brand.

Edited by StrangeSox