2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

The "rigged election!" nonsense is spreading to members of Congress now. Really not cool that they're actively undermining the legitimacy of our democracy because they're losing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...352690116030464

Tennessee GOP falling for Twitter jokes as evidence of vote fraud

https://mobile.twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/...378566325141504

And the Ohio secretary of state is investigating a different twitter joke

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-po...etary-of-state/

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
The "rigged election!" nonsense is spreading to members of Congress now. Really not cool that they're actively undermining the legitimacy of our democracy because they're losing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...352690116030464

Sore losers. I'm surprised this many of them actually thought Trump would win this election.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
I just watched it on YouTube, and O'Reily came off really well actually.

He is a weird guy. Sometimes he is pure garbage, and other times he teams up with Jon Stewart and does that faux debate and seems like he can be a cool guy

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
I mean, all these guys just play a "role", right? How is CNN or Fox News really that different from ESPN and FS1, with Skip, Stephen A, ect. Every network needs guys to give the hot takes and have arguments.

I guess, I dont really see Screamin A and Skip being able to really influence people to the point that something changes though. Political talking heads are trying to drive home narratives that could possibly change the government. Not that they DO change the government, but thats the idea

in between elections I think cable news doesn't matter, and then election rolls around and they basically decide the coverage that local news/media follows. If fox is spending 20 hrs a day on it, people are going to expect it to be covered.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)
He is a weird guy. Sometimes he is pure garbage, and other times he teams up with Jon Stewart and does that faux debate and seems like he can be a cool guy

OReilly maybe a knob at times but he doesn't take himself too seriously like Hannity and others do.

Edited by Brian

Thank God for FoxNews and now some of these internet news streams. I lean liberal on some things and conservative on others but I'm not stupid- i acknowledge the huge bias and agenda in mainstream media. Everybody sees it. Everyday I read CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews etc...all sides. It's incredible the smear against Trump and the sweep-under-the-rug for Hillary. And most people notice it too. The only ones that don't are ignoring it for their own personal reasons, or they roll on a sound bite. It's just sickening.

If that guy who went undercover and exposed the violence-creating at trump rallies by the DNC Offshoots is telling the truth, and CNN won't even cover it or page-10s it, I'm done forever. What's everyone make of it? Pretty effed up if true

The James O'Keefe video did not show "sanctioned violence," and it wasn't people from the Clinton campaign but from an independent Democratic PAC called Americans United for Change. What was shown on the video wasn't them talking about paying people to incite violence but paying people to go to Trump rallies and them assuming that a protesters would be met with violence for something as simple as saying "Trump sucks" or wearing a Planned Parenthood shirt.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Everybody does not see it.

CNN has yet to acknowledge it. To be fair, they have had bigger stories with Caramel M&M's and an indie rock artist said he wasn't voting for Trump.

So true Rabbit

Trump is probably the smartest man in America, and clearly the smartest ever to run for President. Just ask him

"I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me." — Nov. 12, 2015

"Nobody knows jobs like I do." — Jan. 8, 2016

"I know more about foreign policy than anybody running." — Feb. 9, 2016

"Nobody reads the Bible more than me." — Feb. 24, 2016

"Nobody knows more about trade than me." — March 3, 2016

"Nobody knows the (visa) system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. Nobody knows it better than me." — March 10, 2016

"I've studied (the Iran deal) in great detail, I would say actually greater by far than anyone else." — March 21, 2016

"I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." — April 13, 2016

"Nobody knows more about taxes than I do — maybe in the history of the world." — May 11, 2016

"There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me." — June 15, 2016

"I understand money better than anybody," — June 21, 2016

"Nobody knows debt better than me." — June 22, 2016

"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." — July 16, 2016

Wait... there are people who think Fox News is somehow less biased than, say, CNN? Really?

I mean, MSNBC is pretty close to as left as Fox is right. CNN is closer to center, leans a little left. The alphabet networks vary but are generally center-left. But the real problem with all of these is the lack of quality journalism in any case, not the political leanings.

BBC and NPR PBS are probably the best news networks quality-wise, but they are just so narrow (in terms of US coverage) that you can't get a full picture, sadly.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Wait... there are people who think Fox News is somehow less biased than, say, CNN? Really?

I mean, MSNBC is pretty close to as left as Fox is right. CNN is closer to center, leans a little left. The alphabet networks vary but are generally center-left. But the real problem with all of these is the lack of quality journalism in any case, not the political leanings.

BBC and NPR are probably the best news networks quality-wise, but they are just so narrow (in terms of US coverage) that you can't get a full picture, sadly.

I get the best information out there from PBS.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
Thank God for FoxNews and now some of these internet news streams. I lean liberal on some things and conservative on others but I'm not stupid- i acknowledge the huge bias and agenda in mainstream media. Everybody sees it. Everyday I read CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews etc...all sides. It's incredible the smear against Trump and the sweep-under-the-rug for Hillary. And most people notice it too. The only ones that don't are ignoring it for their own personal reasons, or they roll on a sound bite. It's just sickening.

If that guy who went undercover and exposed the violence-creating at trump rallies by the DNC Offshoots is telling the truth, and CNN won't even cover it or page-10s it, I'm done forever. What's everyone make of it? Pretty effed up if true

Trump is the worst candidate in modern history, by far. Nobody is even close, except Goldwater in 1964.

You don't see Dems complaining that McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore and Kerrey got hosed (except for the Supreme Court and State of Florida in 2000).

Just like the Republicans ran some pretty flawed candidates against Clinton and Obama. Republicans have always been able to outspend Dems by a 3/2 advantage, and Citizens United gave them yet another opening but they've failed to modernize and embrace the changing demographics in America. Before Obama, their use of databases/voter information was twice as good as the Dems as well. Hence 28/40 years with Republican presidents and numerous Congresses since 1994.

Edited by caulfield12