2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Trump is the worst candidate in modern history, by far. Nobody is even close, except Goldwater in 1964.

You don't see Dems complaining that McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore and Kerrey got hosed (except for the Supreme Court and State of Florida in 2000).

Just like the Republicans ran some pretty flawed candidates against Clinton and Obama. Republicans have always been able to outspend Dems by a 3/2 advantage, and Citizens United gave them yet another opening but they've failed to modernize and embrace the changing demographics in America. Before Obama, their use of databases/voter information was twice as good as the Dems as well. Hence 28/40 years with Republican presidents and numerous Congresses since 1994.

I think it was proven by the Dems that its pretty easy to beat Clinton if you put a decent candidate against her, shoot even Bernie gave her a run. But instead the GOP put the worst candidate in our lifetimes against her. Thats not a rigged election, thats stupidity by the entire party. Now you have a violent, terribly racist, moronic voting base pretty much representing your party to the world. Just a gigantic error.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Trump is the worst candidate in modern history, by far. Nobody is even close, except Goldwater in 1964.

You don't see Dems complaining that McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Gore and Kerrey got hosed (except for the Supreme Court and State of Florida in 2000).

Just like the Republicans ran some pretty flawed candidates against Clinton and Obama. Republicans have always been able to outspend Dems by a 3/2 advantage, and Citizens United gave them yet another opening but they've failed to modernize and embrace the changing demographics in America. Before Obama, their use of databases/voter information was twice as good as the Dems as well. Hence 28/40 years with Republican presidents and numerous Congresses since 1994.

Wait, no one complains that Gore got hosed? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)
Wait, no one complains that Gore got hosed? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Read the third sentence closely.

At least Gore, even if you strongly dislike him, put the interests of the country first by gracefully deciding not to push his case any further.

We'll see if Trump is willing to do the same.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)

Recap:

O'keefe exposed some things, failed miserably at others.

Dems practiced shady to illegal actions.

O'keefe and his team also did some very shady to illegal actions to uncover this material.

Foval is an asshole, glad he's gone.

Trump's spokesperson claims he's a genius.

Ugh.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
Recap:

O'keefe exposed some things, failed miserably at others.

Dems practiced shady to illegal actions.

O'keefe and his team also did some very shady to illegal actions to uncover this material.

Foval is an asshole, glad he's gone.

Trump's spokesperson claims he's a genius.

Ugh.

Considering the amount of O'Keefe videos that when the full edit arrives vindicates the person involved yet still ruins the career of the person involved, I would not jump to conclusions that any shady or illegal actions took place.

What I think of

Rabbit - Not sure if it was in this thread or not, but I wanted to point out that Anderson Cooper spent quite a bit of time last night talking about the DNC video that you claim wasn't talked about. Cooper went as far as to say while the journalist isn't all that reputable, you can't deny the statements made in the video, etc. Just want to point out since you had been chiding against CNN covering it.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
The GOP has a page soliciting write-in recommendations from the public for Trump's cabinet appointments. I'm sure this will be taken very seriously. Nobody Online would use this for comedic purposes.

https://gop.com/survey/cabinet-survey/?utm_...tm_source=e_t-t

Boaty McBoatface

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
The GOP has a page soliciting write-in recommendations from the public for Trump's cabinet appointments. I'm sure this will be taken very seriously. Nobody Online would use this for comedic purposes.

The least he could do is find something for Billy Bush.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
The GOP has a page soliciting write-in recommendations from the public for Drumpf's cabinet appointments. I'm sure this will be taken very seriously. Nobody Online would use this for comedic purposes.

My submission...

Secretary of State: Borat

Attorney General: John Turturo's character from "The Night Of"

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Ted Nugent

Secretary of Homeland Security: Robocop

Secretary of Defense: Shaquille O'Neal

Secretary of Treasury: Montgomery Burns

Secretary of Labor: RuPaul

Secretary of Energy: The blue guy from Watchmen

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Dr. Ruth

Chief of Staff: Billie Bush