2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

Limbaugh said today the media has to cover every event Trump is at because of the things he says and the riots, etc. He said Hillary's camp is worried because they don't want the media to cover her speeches and appearances. He said she is so boring even Hillary's camp realizes the less people see of her the more apt she is to win. She will try to avoid public appearances because she is so dull.

The convention will be sickening cause it will be all about her being the first woman president. History and all that. You guys can deny it, but it truly is a coronation more than an elective process.

Superdelegates won't let Bernie make it a race, all the way through the convention coronation coverage then the formality of an election.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2016 -> 03:27 PM)
Limbaugh said today the media has to cover every event Drumpf is at because of the things he says and the riots, etc. He said Hillary's camp is worried because they don't want the media to cover her speeches and appearances. He said she is so boring even Hillary's camp realizes the less people see of her the more apt she is to win. She will try to avoid public appearances because she is so dull.

The convention will be sickening cause it will be all about her being the first woman president. History and all that. You guys can deny it, but it truly is a coronation more than an elective process.

Superdelegates won't let Bernie make it a race, all the way through the convention coronation coverage then the formality of an election.

Neither will voters.

I love it. Trump calls hundreds of media members to hold a presser today just to tell them what they're doing wrong, and they still make the same mistakes. The media that hates him continues to be the one that makes him more popular and powerful (not that I'm complaining) while collectively being too stupid to realize it. It can be spun in any which way, yet Trump is still getting an incredible amount of free press for donating millions to veterans. It's amazing.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 07:18 AM)

Thanks for the link. I read most of it, skimmed some of it. Quite frankly, I think it was a poor article. The reporter again didn't really tell me much about Hillary. The part that was most interesting was how she hates the press, which confuses me since if you polled the press, 95 percent of them, maybe more will vote for her. That percentage actively wants her to win. I liked reading she likes a beer with Bill. But quite frankly I don't feel like I learned much about her cept she's a granny (the part about what she likes to read) who wants to be president. I think the author should have attacked the issue about how Hillary allegedly is a mean b****. There wasn't much about that, just the assertion that everybody in her camp loves her. Why do they love her?

Thanks for the link. I may go back and read it again but I think the article is way too long and somewhat boring.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 02:21 AM)
The part that was most interesting was how she hates the press, which confuses me since if you polled the press, 95 percent of them, maybe more will vote for her. That percentage actively wants her to win.

:lolhitting

100% of the rich media owners will fund Trump's campaign, write editorials praising him, and work hard to assure that their reporters support the candidate that the owner's want. The WSJ, NY Post, National Review, Fox News, Forbes, NY Times editorial board, and every radio talk show host will campaign for Trump.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 05:27 AM)
I love it. Trump calls hundreds of media members to hold a presser today just to tell them what they're doing wrong, and they still make the same mistakes. The media that hates him continues to be the one that makes him more popular and powerful (not that I'm complaining) while collectively being too stupid to realize it. It can be spun in any which way, yet Trump is still getting an incredible amount of free press for donating millions to veterans. It's amazing.

What's the press supposed to do? Let him continue to claim he raised $6 million when he didn't?

I think you vastly overestimate how good this coverage is for him. He looks like a giant baby, and his "unfavorable" polling numbers are massive.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
What's the press supposed to do? Let him continue to claim he raised $6 million when he didn't?

I think you vastly overestimate how good this coverage is for him. He looks like a giant baby, and his "unfavorable" polling numbers are massive.

I would be OK if we got the same detail of look at the Clinton Foundation.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 02:21 AM)
Thanks for the link. I read most of it, skimmed some of it. Quite frankly, I think it was a poor article. The reporter again didn't really tell me much about Hillary. The part that was most interesting was how she hates the press, which confuses me since if you polled the press, 95 percent of them, maybe more will vote for her. That percentage actively wants her to win. I liked reading she likes a beer with Bill. But quite frankly I don't feel like I learned much about her cept she's a granny (the part about what she likes to read) who wants to be president. I think the author should have attacked the issue about how Hillary allegedly is a mean b****. There wasn't much about that, just the assertion that everybody in her camp loves her. Why do they love her?

Thanks for the link. I may go back and read it again but I think the article is way too long and somewhat boring.

This language is disgusting even for the buster. Grow up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)

Exactly.

I would like to read the pros and cons of requiring full financial disclosure before running for office. Tax returns would be the start. Any privately held corporations of any stripe as well. I'm not certain what the downside would be, but I imagine there are, which is why I'd like to learn more.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)

Every move Trump makes is a masterstroke in the eyes of his supporters. That's what you get when you're running a cult of personality, though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)

This is fine, though there has been a LOT of work on this: http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/01/30/cl...-2016-election/

But this also isn't the same thing. It would be on equal footing if the clinton foundation just kept all of its donations and never performed charitable work.

But the Clinton foundation actually performs lots of charitable work, but has the conflict of interest in that donors may feel a quid pro quo in donating and later influence.

Or that he is currently blasting a sitting judge for being biased because he's "Mexican" or "Hispanic" even though he's American to prime his supporters into ignoring his fraud and theft on poor Americans through Trump university.

That judge risked his life to prosecute a drug cartel. Trump is basically ruining this man's judicial career by making him appear toxic just because he can be pointed at as an "other".

I agree that Trump is terrible for doing that and his supporters are, at best, terrible for just going along with it, but I really doubt he's going to have any long-term impact on his career. Trump's dumb clown show will be over in about 5 months, and then he'll just go back to being the loud-mouthed twitter conspiracy idiot he was the past several years. Oh, and maybe minus millions of dollars after he inevitably loses his civil suit over his fraud 'university.'

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
I agree that Trump is terrible for doing that and his supporters are, at best, terrible for just going along with it, but I really doubt he's going to have any long-term impact on his career. Trump's dumb clown show will be over in about 5 months, and then he'll just go back to being the loud-mouthed twitter conspiracy idiot he was the past several years. Oh, and maybe minus millions of dollars after he inevitably loses his civil suit over his fraud 'university.'

I disagree. Any promotion beyond this, and he will be a biased, obama appointee who tried to take down the republican candidate during an election year (even though he agreed to ppd until after).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)
Every move Trump makes is a masterstroke in the eyes of his supporters. That's what you get when you're running a cult of personality, though.

America's finest. I honestly have never seen a candidate where I am legitimately appalled at how someone could actually follow him.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 12:28 AM)
The stuff revealed about trumps scam University is pretty terrible. Structured like a high pressure multi level marketing scam. Why does an alleged multi billionaire need to bilk the elderly and poor single mothers of of thousands of dollars?

Scamming money from gullible/desperate people is smart business.

When he's President, he'll get other countries to buy worthless s*** simply because it has the Trump name on it. TRADE DEFICIT SOLVED

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
The stuff revealed about trumps scam University is pretty terrible. Structured like a high pressure multi level marketing scam. Why does an alleged multi billionaire need to bilk the elderly and poor single mothers of of thousands of dollars?

Cause he's a slimeball.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)

The media should put all its resources into this story as well as the Hillary email story. Pursue both aggressively and see if both candidates get exposed for being frauds. It's simply hard to believe these are the candidates of the 2 major parties. You have an egomaniac elitist madman in Trump vs. an egomatic elitist madwoman in Hillary. Both are embarrassments to the country. Meanwhile, Bernie is considered a nut for some reason and all those other Republican candidates were severely flawed as well.

I think Biden should have run vs. McCain. Two good candidates.