2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

Greg, you keep saying you want "young blood/charisma/dynamic/energetic."

McCain and Biden, REALLY?????

We all know how this works. We don't have to watch MONEY MONSTER. Trump is insulated at the top...his surrogates will be the ones to take the fall. Surely when you have fashion designers and artists teaching $35,000 courses about flipping houses, you're going to have fraud at some level and a settlement.

I actually think all the beatings that Hillary has taken from the Conservative Right since the 1992 election cycle through today has made her less egotistical (Bill has always taken up all the air in the space he occupies) but it's definitely made her a warrior...a survivor...someone who is at times a bit bitter and comes across as caustic and especially impatient with the younger generation. I wouldn't say it's as much about ego though as just the general polarization of the electorate over the last 20-30 years.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
The media should put all its resources into this story as well as the Hillary email story. Pursue both aggressively and see if both candidates get exposed for being frauds. It's simply hard to believe these are the candidates of the 2 major parties. You have an egomaniac elitist madman in Drumpf vs. an egomatic elitist madwoman in Hillary. Both are embarrassments to the country. Meanwhile, Bernie is considered a nut for some reason and all those other Republican candidates were severely flawed as well.

I think Biden should have run vs. McCain. Two good candidates.

What in all hell?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
The media should put all its resources into this story as well as the Hillary email story. Pursue both aggressively and see if both candidates get exposed for being frauds. It's simply hard to believe these are the candidates of the 2 major parties. You have an egomaniac elitist madman in Drumpf vs. an egomatic elitist madwoman in Hillary. Both are embarrassments to the country. Meanwhile, Bernie is considered a nut for some reason and all those other Republican candidates were severely flawed as well.

I think Biden should have run vs. McCain. Two good candidates.

What in all hell?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 04:26 AM)
What in all hell?

What is wrong with Biden? What is wrong with McCain. There's a helluva lot wrong with Donald and Hillary. And the country thinks Bernie is from another planet.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 03:39 AM)
If Bernie is from another planet, why does he often poll better head-to-head against Trump than Ms. Clinton?

Less well known, same reason guys like Kasich will poll really well before widespread exposure.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)
Less well known, same reason guys like Kasich will poll really well before widespread exposure.

Also Clinton supporters say they'd vote for Bernie but that is not happening vice versa.

I didn't or would never vote for McCain but I respected him. He seemed like a good family guy, etc.

But his endorsing of Trump blows my mind after the things Trump said about him. I saw his ads in Arizona for the last two months put out lies with no facts. He is not a good candidate. He's older than Bernie.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)
John McCain picked Sarah Palin to be Vice President.

Underrated fact. Also, Romney didn't run as a moderate. Also underrated.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Cj9LxR2WYAEzHCs.jpg

Haha, isn't the media so stupid? Haha, Donald giving it to em again, telling em something and then telling em another and he's really sticking it to em!

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 08:33 AM)
Also Clinton supporters say they'd vote for Bernie but that is not happening vice versa.

Dude, you know damn well that's false. BS supporters will vote for her when push comes to shove. Anything this early is simply protest.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
Dude, you know damn well that's false. BS supporters will vote for her when push comes to shove. Anything this early is simply protest.

I'm just explaining the polls showing bernie's better tracking v. trump.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
It feels like the most focal Bernie and Don supporters are new voters.

Based on current votes this is untrue - exit polls show that only a small slice (25%) typically vote Republican in general elections but many of them have previously sat out the Republican Primaries.

I don't have similar numbers for Sanders (wouldn't be surprised if it skewed higher based on first-time voters, but that's only a guess).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 05:30 AM)
I don't think being a racist piece of garbage creates an actual "conflict of interest"

Cj_AyDeUgAAVoXL.jpg

I can't believe people can read comments like this and believe he would be an effective president.